Any machinest in the house?

Fairly new machinest with just a few years of experience operating a 2HP Bridgeport and manual 17x40 lathe. It’s slowly becoming more and more of an obsession trying to learn more and more about it, and luckily had an awesome old school machinest teach me on the job how to do everything. Unfortunately he no longer works with us, but I’ve gotten good enough in these past few years to handle things on my own. Going to school for computer engineering, and while I don’t have any intention being a machinest for the rest of my life, I can honestly say I really do enjoy it and can truly respect people who have been doing it for a long time.

So, any other machinest out there?

I am a CNC programmer and machinist. More of the former than the latter these days, and may be facing a job change in which I would be doing almost entirely programming for CNC turning centers.

I haven’t been doing it for a long time, about six years, but I like to say it fits in my brain very well.

Here are a few parts I’ve made:

This is a part I insisted we make (special project for our nearby university) and the horribly ugly laser cut parts we received from the students: