Any Kodi/Android Box Experts? (Android Q9)

Alright, so i’ve installed Kodi 17.4 and am using Supreme Builds Titanium 2,5. I’m kind of at my wit’s end at this point, and not sure what’s so great about these things. I thought my Android Box was whoopty as hell before. Then i installed all this crap and it still doesn’t work. Started a movie earlier today to see if it would work. Video, Audio were both GREAT. I later came back to my new Kodi build and the same movie didn’t work. It just ends up being the same thing. A myriad of randomness and headaches.

Error messages. No stream available. Sometimes things work. Sometimes they do. Device needs “pairing” for “w/e”. Are Android Boxes a troll? Or am i still not doing something correctly? To put it simply, nothing works. Sometimes it does, but overall, it’s extremely unpredictable and unreliable. This has got to be the worst electronic device i’ve ever used in my life. I don’t really use the thing at all, because i hardly watch TV, but i’d at least like to understand what i’m missing here, or if it really is just garbage and case closed. I’m not sure why people are excited about these things.

I’m gonna take a stab and say that perhaps your media is h.265 encoded, while the box you’re streaming to doesn’t decode h.265 in hardware, so may be choking doing software decoding.

What are you trying to watch; i.e., internet stream, local stream, files from a local volume?

1 Like

Have you read the wiki for KODI on how to use it?:

http://kodi.wiki/view/First_time_user

2 Likes

Depending on what your are doing google - fu will lead the way… Be aware of the legality issues of kodi and always use a vpn. :wink: Something like your personal collection of stuff needs to in a non- drm based format. Be sure to invest in solid format conversion tool. Kodi boxes are not bs but… you have to put some effort into it and develop a certain amount of understanding of what it is your doing.

I launch Kodi, then go into whichever of the countless Add-ons i feel like using (why there are a million ones that do the same thing is my guess) and just browse whichever movie i want to watch. Then hit play. Then it says playback failed most of the time.

I’ve used Real-Movies and Poseidon. They seem to be…err… the best ones i have. So it’s streaming. I think format is out of the equation. And it’s so odd, i’d want to watch an episode of a TV show and some sort of error will pop up, but if i press the select button a few times quickly it’ll work. It’s the clumsiest thing i’ve ever used.

I’m pretty sure what you’re trying to do is watch illegal movie or TV streams. In which case, yes, expect issues and for these streams to stop working.

1 Like

What is the “box”?

What version of Android are you running?

Can you choose a stream or is it selected for you?

Typically Android boxes do not do well with HEVC.

I do not trust “builds”.

My Android box works great with some tinkering now and again.

Is the build you have done the most upto date version? that seems to be the issue to me.
Is the build any good? Personally I like the cellar door build and infusion in particular.
What version of android are you on? it needs to be as new as possible and kit kat is barely supported these days.
Also when doing new builds ive found quite a few open and closes and or crashes of kodi tend to happen until the build has been updated after install. The same tends to be true when it hasn’t been opened for a while.
Once its got over these little issues it tends to be pretty solid

Decided to close this as you’re discussing addons for illegal streaming of content.