Any Info on this Enterprise POE Switch?

So i moved in to a new home on monday and it seems in the attic (my new home office) i have a POE switch for the CCTV cameras but when i went to go search up the switch and figure how to use the cameras it seems to be enterprise grade Switch from what i can see from the website and no info on the actual switch / cameras at all, anyone here able to help me figure out what im dealing with?

Here are some Pics of the Switch:

I did some quick googling and was not able to find anything other than what looked to be an end of life notice for the T1600 at least on their site. pictures did not look the same either. They are saying it was a DVR for cameras inside buses?

nothing pulls up when looking up the part number SY9480.

But otherwise it just looks like an unmanaged 8 port POE switch that maybe gets it POE power from an outside power supply. guessing from the green lugs on the side.

Is there any other equipment there? Do you know what plugs into it?

I couldn’t find anything either on the SY9480 at all, i went to the twitter and asked them and no response, there is a black cable that goes through the wall same with a ethernet but ive looked all over the house and cant seem to find where they even goto… i guess id have to see where they go to even figure out what to do next? camera outside the house has the black cable not ethernet what goes into the side of the switch for power i assume? and i just cant seem to find it anywhere and it seems either the old owner of the house ripped out all the stuff needed for the CCTV or its just hidden somewhere and i have no clue where.

This topic was automatically closed 273 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.