Anti-Virus and Spyware Software

Hey Logan, (and forum)

First let me say that I love this site and community. I "recently", about 5 months ago, made the complete switch to PC and PC gaming and this site was a great resource in helping me learn about building computers and which components are "best". The people here also helped me before my final purchase suggesting upgrades and etc.

Dong sucking aside let me ask you this question.

Last year you recommended pc-cillin and hijack this, would you still recommend these today or is there a better Anti-Virus/Spyware software out there currently?

Thank you for your time,
RellikReed 

I really like avast. hijack this is a more of a tool to use with your antivirus. Malwarebytes is also more of a tool to run with your antivirus.

I currently run avast free version and I have malwarebytes and hijack this on hand for when/if I think there might be something on my computer. Then I do scans to check. Most the time, avast has been good enough for me.

Antivirus - Avast (Free) Excellent Program, Great detection rates.

Internet Security Suite - Antivirus/Firewall - Comodo Internet Security Premium(Free) Which is what i use.

Or You could use -   Avast & Comodo firewall (Free)

On demand Scanning -  Malwarebytes Anti-malware / Malwarebytes Anti-Rootkit Beta. (Free)