Anti-Encryption bill... Now Everyone is a Pedophile

Anti encryption bill… Now Everyone is a Pedophile, except the authorities which obviously are heroes

Yea now there is no safe surface web. everything will be on the dark web… we doomed

5 Likes

Insecure by design. Say good-bye to any commerce on the Internet, then. :frowning_face:

Maybe if a giant meteor landed on DC… :thinking:

2 Likes

Well, Banks can have it. And governments. And LEO’s. And military. And social services. And “good companies” but not People

4 Likes

If they really want to catch pedos, they can start with their own peers.

8 Likes

Wow,
“ It would also establish a sort of X-Prize for “secure backdoors,””
They will literally Pay to have hackers get access to your shit. But only to be used for lawful purposes, of course…

3 Likes

Lawful = Some jerks sat around and wrote it down on a piece of paper.

5 Likes

I think the real gotcha here is that this bill is the ‘extreme measures’, and will make EARN IT look like a sensible compromise. How many of the same schmucks are sponsoring both?

Regardless, ew.

4 Likes

yeah im wondering why yall keep voting these idiots into office.
are there no local elections where the likes of graham can be deselected, fired then held to account for his actions in Washington.

1 Like

If they make us criminal for trying to get safety, i don’t know what will happen first … death of opensource, or saturated jails.

2 Likes

We need to get rid of “them” since they’re betraying us.

Let’s see how banning math will solve anything. But then again, laws aren’t written to catch criminals, laws are written to have an excuse to arrest innocent people. Like the bs price gouging, predatory pricing or collusion charges. Or obligatory face covering that makes conceal carrying illegal in many states. Or just simple “keep your hands on the wheel” + “show me your ID” contradictory commands that always get people to “”“not follow orders.”""

If some angry badge wearer with an attitude doesn’t like you, they have pretty much limitless excuses to harm you without any repercussion. And our law system is slow and expensive by design, to deter people from seeking justice.

2 Likes

“Did you really think we want those laws observed?" said Dr. Ferris. "We want them to be broken. You’d better get it straight that it’s not a bunch of boy scouts you’re up against… We’re after power and we mean it… There’s no way to rule innocent men. The only power any government has is the power to crack down on criminals. Well, when there aren’t enough criminals one makes them. One declares so many things to be a crime that it becomes impossible for men to live without breaking laws. Who wants a nation of law-abiding citizens? What’s there in that for anyone? But just pass the kind of laws that can neither be observed nor enforced or objectively interpreted – and you create a nation of law-breakers – and then you cash in on guilt. Now that’s the system, Mr. Reardon, that’s the game, and once you understand it, you’ll be much easier to deal with.”
– Ayn Rand, Atlas Shrugged

1 Like

fiE2i51

8 Likes

I read that twice, and apart from”I share your concern” the rest is just mansplaining that is just words to make it look like a reply?
Does not say the senator agrees with the bill, nor opposes it.
Does not even hint at any action.
Only seems to just describe what it does?

Oh, and Apple dictionary recognises mansplaining. Nice

2 Likes

IDK what his view is either lol

Is that actually surprising

2 Likes

It doesn’t even say “I understand your point, but think LEO should be able to hunt pedos” or “the bill is dangerous, but trust us, fam” or “how dare you keep secrets from us? We deserve to reach into your soul and read your personal mail”

1 Like