Antergos can't load websites until a network reconnect

Hey everyone,

Simple problem with my Antergos install.

When browsing the internet I constantly have problems loading web pages and sites. Its not just limited to sites in Chromium, but even opening discord could have trouble connecting. If I turn my ethernet off, and on then the site will load like there was no problem.

I wonder if its an issue with the network stack in Antergos/Arch and re-installing it would be a fix.

I have Antergos installed on my laptop (Dell Inspiron 15 5737) and there are no problems, and I have had a previous Antergos install on this machine without problems too. A re-install of the whole system would probably fix it, I just don't really want to do that if I don't need to.

Any ideas?

They load, but after a fresh install you need to do your updates, wake sure GTK updates, and reboot. Pretty standard.

This is a system I have been running for a couple of months now, just getting around to fixing this annoying problem now. Its been updated numerous times.

1 Like

Oh..... huh. Normally after install I do a quick update to freshen up all the packages and that clears everything out normally.

yeah, i'm not sure what it is. I could try and re-install the network stack, but figuring out what packages need to be re-installed could be fun. Might be a good idea to do a kernel re-install too, but I don't think that will help at all since i've gotten a few kernel updates since installing.

Uhhh...

I thought your problem was in drawing a graphic XD now I'm lost!