Another Intel Price drop?

I’ve done similar with windows several times since W95, and every single time there were smaller or larger issues. It never worked as well as a fresh install. Every single time, I’ve ended up doing a fresh install, after pissing away 5 times as much time, trying to resolve whatever the issue was.

MisteryAngel has a valid point when it comes to chipset not changing.

Then your only hope is to get intel with intel graphics.

Enjoy!

Intel price drop is likely because of them prepairing,
a new platform lounge likely maybe?

W… Oh, ok. Now i’m really confused. That’s what i’ve been saying this entire time. I thought you CANNOT do this. Unless i’ve been misunderstanding @DerKrieger Was telling me it’s perfectly fine to do this. You just gotta be sure you reinstall windows. You can boot up perfectly fine with an entirely new platform, even if it’s going from Intel to AMD or vice versa, so long as you go through that nuking process.

So I upgraded to W10 from W7. I now have a retail key because my W7 was retail. Now what? How do I carry that over? It’s super easy now and I can simply create W10 install media using a USB flash drive. So I just simply nuke my OS SSD and proceed with the installation as if I had a disc I guess? Make sure I write down my W10 key that was created from upgrading and use it during install and i’m golden?

Nice. I remember doing this. Yay free stuff!

I believe you just insert the number into Windows activation screen, and it will register, and it will lock that key to the motherboard like all Win 10 licenses. :thinking: @FaunCB had a thread on this, but he was going from OEM to OEM.

I could have sworn that he commented in here…

Reinstalling is probably recommended by people, but I don’t think that it is necessary.

1 Like

I believe it just kinda works. If a key has been… blessed to work with windows 10, then its useable.

So to be crystal clear. I’m getting a USB flash drive with enough capacity. Creating W10 installation media using it. Retrieving my installed W10 key. Formatting my OS SSD, getting my new mobo and CPU, I power on, install W10 via my flash drive and use my W10 key?

I’ve never installed from flash drive. I assume it’s the same? Make the flash drive the top boot priority, like when you use the optical drive in the same situation when installing from disc?

This topic was automatically closed 273 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.