Another First Timer

I know many people here are quite tired and annoyed at the recent influx of noobs wanting to build their first pcs, but I want to get gaming and this is pretty much the best place for help. I think I have suitable parts for my rig, I'm just going to be using it for gaming, watching videos, coding, and long nights reading up on stuff. For now I just want to get setup, so I'll add a(n) SSD(s), monitor(s), case fan(s), and other stuff in the future. I have compiled a list of parts already, but I want a second opinion and some recommendations. I also want to have a bit of room for overclocking a little. I'm also looking for the system to be decently cool and quiet.

TL;DR: Want to game/code/casual, want silence, want overclocking in future. ~1k - parts already bought.

/*** PCPartsPicker: http://pcpartpicker.com/user/Reizoko/saved/3BdK ***/

• AMD FX-8320 8-Core 3.5GHz CPU(Will be overclocking a little to be on par with fx-8350)
  • Noctua NH-D14 CPU Air Cooler
  • Asus M5A99FX PRO R2.0 ATX AM3+ Motherboard
  • G.Skill Ripjaws X Series 8GB (2 x 4GB) DDR3-1600 Memory(Main point of debate, unsure as to future upgradeability)
  • Seagate Barracuda 2TB 3.5" 7200RPM HDD(May swap this out for a 3TB depending on pricing at the time of purchase)
  • Asus Radeon R9 280X 3GB GPU (I have a merchant that will sell for $320)
  • NZXT Phantom 530 ATX Full Tower Case 
  • Corsair RM 850W 80+ Gold PSU 

Budget: ~1-1.1k aside from parts I already have. 

yes this is the spot for noobs to get help

your build looks fine just a note i try to get people to go liquid cooling just because of the extra headroom + it looks BA

You really don't need an 850 watt power supply for that build. I have an [email protected] Ghz and a GTX 780 and a 700w PSU is fine for me.

I may look into it in the future, especially for my gpu. But for now I already have a NH-D14.

True, but I'm trying to give myself some room for future expansions. What PSU do you have? Or are there others you recommend? 

the only thing i have to say about this build is your hdd, i would recommend you go with multiple 1tb drives if you need the space. the larger the drives go the more often they seem to fail. which is bad. 

also, the corsair psu is fine, you could get the 650w version and get a way with it. i have my rig with a gtx 780, amd 8350 running on a 650w corsair rm just fine. 

I had no idea! I'll definitely consider it. Thank you very much. As for the PSU, I want to have a decent amount of room for expansion, and according to this graph on the PSU's site it seems to be most efficient ~50-60% load. 

I have a really shitty psu right now actually, replacing it this month with either a corsair or seasonic one, whichever is on sale, but i'd recommend both of those