Annoying Noise from PSU, Help!

So first off I have just put in an Asus R9 280X and the card is running fine however my PSU is now making a sound. When i installed the GPU it worked fine and it still does its just that my PSU now have a nearly constant buzzing sound. Is there any way to fix this noise? is there something wrong with the psu?

BTW here are my specs for reference:

CPU: i5 4670k @ 4.0GHz

CPU COOLER: Noctua NH-U14S

MOBO: Asus Z87-A

RAM: Corsair Vengeance 8GB (4x2GB) LP 1600MHz

GPU: Asus R9 280X (not the V2)

HDD: Seagate Barracuda 1TB

SSD: Samsung 840 Pro 120GB

PSU: Corsair TX650M

CASE: Fractal Design Define R4

Sounds like coil whine, or the fan in the PSU whining. Either way, it's harmless - just cheap caps, or a cheap fan, and cheap inductors are going to whine, just like cheap fans will. Not harmful, just annoying.

I think you mean tx650m. And coil whine is harmless as i have the same psu and it whine's. The tx series of psu's have a very common problem of whining so its normal. But as stated above, its very annoying. 

Yes I meant TX650M. I'm ok with coil wine but i could hear this over my game (skyrim on about 1/3 volume) So I am a little concerned. I did have a thought that it might be my ears as i can hear many high pitched noises that others can't. Really what it comes down to is; is this a defect causing louder coil whine or is it just me?

Its not a defect is just two components vibrating at the same frequency and it is creating the coil whine.

This video can explain most things about coil whine.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HP73edpQwgc

Thank you for directing me to that video as it covers most of my concerns. As Linus says "If you have a high sensitivity to high pitched noises" which is exactly my situation. My question now is, is there anyway to help reduce coil whine or is it just something that I will have to live with?

There's not really much you can do to the psu to fix the coil whine without taking it apart and voiding its warranty. 

RMA it?

OP, make sure that you dont have any recessed pins on your 24-pin ATX power connector at the motherboard or the 8-pin CPU power connector. Doesn't matter what brand PSU you use, the standard pins used are cheap and very easily extracted from the backshell if the pin doesnt meet the female socket on the motherboard correctly. A recessed pin wont always disable the system and can sometimes produce an intermittent coil whine in the PSU.

Pull both power sources from the motherboard and look inside the backshell and inspect for misalignment. Or if from behind the backshelf you can see a pin, that means its extracted. Not a guaranteed fix but still something to keep in mind. Hope this helps.

Its all good now. I realized that there was a little coil wine but it was being amplified but a dust filter vibration so I have fixed the dust filter and the coil wine itself is completely bearable especially when wearing headphones. Thank for your help but in the end it was the dust filter making most of the noise *facepalm* oh well lesson learnt.

put some headphones on