Return to Level1Techs.com

Announcement - I, wolfleben, am Resigning as A Mod and Leader

Dear Members of the forum,

I have already discussed this with the Admin, Mods, and leaders. On April 1st 2019, I’m effectively resigned from being a moderator and leader for level1tech forums. This is real. This decision came about as a result of me asking myself an important question: Do I really want to write fiction? After much thought, I came to an answer I really do want to write. With this decision comes necessary action to allow me to focus on my writing.

I’m going to take a course in writing narrative fiction. Taking notes, practicing writing, etc. As for what I’ll be writing, I’m going to write my epic. All of it. The failure of Sam’s Wasteland Within taught me a valuable lesson as a writer and I have ever intention of rewriting. The epic though is something I’ve been working on for 21 years. This will be the 18th draft and I think I finally cracked how I want to tell the story. However, I know my writing needs work and I believe taking this course will be beneficial for my fictional writing.

I’ve had a good run as a mod & leader and I like to believe I helped the forum become better and set a good example. I know the forum is in capable hands of those who care for the community.

This doesn’t mean I’ll be gone from the forum but I won’t be nearly as active.

I’m going after a dream and I’m going to throw myself at it. Each of us has the ability to achieve amazing things with a little bit of work. This is not the end of my story but a new brighter future focused on what I want to achieve and I will get there.

TLDR: I wolfleben am resigning as a moderator and leader to focus on my fictional writing effective April 1, 2019.

59 Likes

pinned globally #2

Pinned til April 1st 2019

0 Likes

Best of luck, see you on the flip side.

8 Likes

Good luck bro!

7 Likes

Kick ass waffleben! You’ll be busy as hell but do check in every once in a while.

6 Likes

I wish you the best of luck!

I’m sure your Magnum Opus will be splendid.

5 Likes

Not to make a joke, but is this an early April Fools joke to be played out on April 1st? In anycase, best of luck!

6 Likes

Could of picked a better day… Good luck with your endeavour.

Find your style.

4 Likes

It is not sadly

4 Likes

Best of luck!

5 Likes

Wish you all the best…

7 Likes

Let me know when you finish your epic. I’d love a copy. Good luck with everything that lies ahead. I wish you the best.

7 Likes

Best of luck

6 Likes

So long waffles!

6 Likes

Best of luck following your dream!

7 Likes

Good luck man!

6 Likes

in many cases being a moderator can be stressful in itself as you must set yourself as a model for behaviour, it can often be a thankless job as many (non mods and leaders) do not understand all the work involved in keeping the spammers out, cracking the whip on trolls, and approving post’s for new users, and spending a lot of time with topic moderation when needed.
its your prerogative to retire and pursue your dreams or goals.
While Im not a moderator here I am on 3 other sites.
I wish you luck in your endeavour.

0 Likes

both you and Kyle Bennett announce changes on 4/1/2019

I’m beginning to smell Rick Astley’s cologne

1 Like

Who will take over as lord and keeper of waffles?

0 Likes

Congrats on your dedication to a new direction, and I wish you all the success you desire in your endeavors. See you around! :beers:

3 Likes