Return to

Anime Lounge 匸Pヽ(・ω・`)

Have not looked at it but does not feel like I would enjoy it.

it's school life with some odd moments of trash

The title of it doesn't sound exciting to me. Let me look at the premise.

Himeno is a sweet, shy little centaur girl. In her world, everyone seems to be a supernatural creature, and all her classmates have some kind of horns, wings, tails, halos, or other visible supernatural body part. Despite their supernatural elements, Himeno and her best friends, Nozomi and Kyoko, have a fun and mostly normal daily school life!

Interesting idea but the school setting (especially Japanese school setting) puts me off. I believe it is done to death.

The anime of this season I watched so far (there are some other left out I need to watch first):

Isekai Shokudou
Cooking with a fantasy setting (but probably not what you expect).
Could pack more content per episode. Also, very little has been explained (but I've only seen two episodes yet). Focus seems to drift around. But it's not bad.

Koi to Uso
Who you're going to marry is decided by science and on your 16th birthday you'll get a notice. Some guy still falls in love with a girl at school and the trouble starts when he turns 16.
Not sure what to think about this yet....

Konbini Kareshi
Highschool romance. Nuff said.
So far it's okay. Not too girly, not too dry.

Tsurezure Children
Meh. Pack as many highschool romances in 12min as possible. Description on MAL made it sound much more interesting.

Youkai Apartment no Yuuga na Nichijou
That's my jam! Orphaned student wants to live on his own (feeling guilty living with uncle and aunt). Finds an apartment building but not only humans live there.
After I stopped watching Tsugumomo after half an episode I sure hope this anime about youkai will make up for it. Pretty promising so far, though. I like it.

Youkoso Jitsuryoku Shijou Shugi no Kyoushitsu
School for the kids of rich and important people go there. But it seems that their parent's social status is worth nothing their and they get "graded" upon their behavior.
Looks interesting but needs to be seen how this develops.

I've felt this for a while but now that Fairy Tail has one chapter left it has lost what made it feel special, it is super generic now.

Massive spoiler

If you are not caught up on the latest chapters don't click it, you have been warned.

Friendship is literally saving the day, not that this is new for FT but at this point it is laughable.
It also irks my how cheap death is in the series because characters can't stay dead for more than ten chapters without making a miraculous recovery.
I think this is a missed opportunity to make a much loved series mean something and leave an impact.

oooooooooooh, what's this?

I loved Jigoku Shoujo!

Ahhhhhh, how I have missed these lines
Of course the little glimps of torture is freaking great!

Okay, having watched episode 2 of Made In Abyss and looking at a few glimpses of the source material, I'm thoroughly impressed with the show so far and even more impressed at how much of an original feel it has. I kinda want to grab the manga after I finish the anime. It's one of those adventure anime I didn't know I wanted so much until I saw it.

They've made the underworld really interesting, it's like Ori and the Blind Forest crossed with Castle in the Sky and Journey to the Center of the Earth, and now all I want is more background info on the world.

i love how the symptopms of climbing out of the abyss is literally the bends. i wonder if it's an actual curse or a just a pressure issue causing the bends since they go up and down so quick with the elevator. since this appears to be the lowest point on the planet, all the heaviest gasses in the atmosphere would over time end up trapped inside increasing pressure.

I don't know, the last symptom is literally becoming something other than human.
But yes very similar to the bends

loss of your humanity could be another way of saying brain damage to the point of being a vegetable, or it possibly could be caused by something else like an artifact or whatever is causing so many monsters to appear in the abyss, and was assumed to be part of this "curse" because everyone knows correlation=causation right /s

This is the page from the manga that breaks down what happens at each level. Level six seems to indicate that it goes beyond brain damage to physical alteration.

So far though, all I've heard mentioned is that they are the symptoms of trying to climb back out, which seems to suggest that if you stay down there you'll be fine. That explains the Capital of the Unreturned at Layer Six - anyone there who attempts to climb back up will die or become something else.

The fact that it mentions decompression sickness makes sense since that's what happens when deep-sea divers climb back up too quickly - the dissolved gasses in your lungs and bloodstream expand rapidly like opening a can of coke.

I'm guessing it does at least partway have something to do with atmospheric pressure since it increases very quickly the further down you go.

Sea Level - 100kPa (making the gross assumption that this is what this world's sea level pressure is)

-1000m - 114kPa

-2000m - 127kPa

-3000m - 143kPa

-4000m - 160kPa

So you're not even halfway through Layer 3 and the atmospheric pressure just increased by 60%. by the time you reach the Cup of Giants at -7,000m, it's more than doubled at 218kPa. At the Capital of the Unreturned, it's at almost 400kPa. at -20,000m, it's over 700kPa.

Bear in mind that the deepest hole that mankind has ever dug doesn't even reach 12,500m, and the deepest anyone has ever gone underground only reaches 4,000 meters.

/rant. Sorry, the more I think about it, the more excited I become about the premise of the story. WANT. MOAR. MUST. RESIST. URGE. TO. READ. THE. MANGA.

Me with Boku no Hero right now, might break down after this season though.

I just watched [Ballroom e Youkoso](Link removed by Novasty. Dude, read the rules in the first post) and I was surprised with what I saw. I might even say it's better than Made in Abyss!

I keep running my mouth [keyboard] about Made In Abyss, but I just have one more thing to add: Jirou. I really like Jirou. He's the character archetype that as a main character would be the stereotypical, overdone young male protagonist. But I think his role as a supporting character makes him so, so much better.

He's a good older brother, that's how I see him :stuck_out_tongue:

Crunchyroll guest passes. First one gets them. :):

I have a confession to make.

My curiosity got the best of me and I read the Made In Abyss manga. I stayed up until about 5am this morning reading it. I shouldn't be posting this, but I really, really need to get it off my chest so I'm gonna put it under a double spoiler.

SPOILER ALERT. Under this are vague but important spoilers from the Manga. They don't have any specific plot points, but are spoilers all the same. Don't click if you don't want to know.

Last chance. You have been warned.

This is my opinion based on my own limited experience, but Made In Abyss's genre tags and synopsis are more deceptive than those of Mahou Shoujo Madoka Magica.

The manga is horrifying nightmare fuel. It gets very dark, very quickly. Unless they drastically change the plot in the anime to suit a wider audience, the anime will be just as horrific if not more so, because the animators have followed the art style of the manga to a T. Expect the show to take an extremely sharp turn. It is not a lighthearted adventure. it's 20,000 meters of physical trauma and psychological horror.

Layer 6's curse is not brain damage...

3rd episode of Youkai Apartment wasn't bad but didn't have the climax it should've had.
Still a good anime imo and I'll continue watching.

3rd episode of Isekai Shokudou was more of the same. 2 small stories about the customers of a restaurant with a fantasy touch. Could be much more than that.

Watched the 1st episode of Gamers! yesterday. Looks interesting. Would probably binge-watch if the season was complete.

PewDiePie watched Masamune-kun no Revenge

Apparently Netflix doesn't have FLCL. Could have swon they had it at one point. Oh well, I guess I can just look elsewhere on the internet.