Return to

Anime Lounge 匸Pヽ(・ω・`)

I have finished Utawarerumono and am on episode 7 of the second series, it is pretty good and I like that the second season at least has the characters from the previous one at least appear, though I kinda would’ve liked the second series to be more following them rather than a new set of characters because their adventure seemed to only be just starting. The only let down is that it is so confusing like there are quite a few things that are either not explained, poorly explained, or left up to the decision of the viewer. mainly hakuoro’s memories is what that applies to. also a few things that happen at the very end of the last episode because they kinda jump into the future. and now there is a little more confusion with the new season taking place not too long after the first series since those characters are still alive and they seem to be around the same age, though those will probably be explained as the series goes on.

I’m wondering about something. Now I’m trying to find a new anime, really difficult as I’m looking for something in the same vein than Yuri Kuma Arashi, Mawaru Penguindrum and Kara no Kyoukai. So at some point tried the predecessor to Yuri and Mawaru, Revolutionary Princess Utena, and gosh that '90s style (plus 40 episodes, seriously), was not able to withstand.

But then I wonder, how Ghibli movies, with Castle in the Sky made in 1986, look way better than most of the anime during the '90s and beginning 2000s?

Movies are a bigger gamble, gotta go for broke

Also you don’t have the a weekly delivery date

Witch one would you recommend more?

Have not seen any of these, got a tl;dw?

I’ve heard Mawaru Penguindrum was good, but I haven’t quite gotten to it yet.

Both are good, but I would recommend Mawaru Penguindrum first as Yuri Kuma Arashi goes even further in their style and a newcomer will just backtrack pretty rapidly. If you have liked Madoka Magica and Kara no Kyoukai, those ones are good bets. Just be aware that the first half of Mawaru is kinda slow, not really, but you don,t see how they gonna make 12 (oups 24 in fact…) episodes of it, but there is always that je ne sais quoi that make you cling to it.

Gosh… how to begin…

Kara no Kyoukai:
Master piece. Strange supernatural psychological anime presented in an unchronological pattern that make you work, but is phenomenal. Great artwork. Music excellent. Can be pretty raw at to me moment (I’m thinking about one episode in peculiar)

Mawaru Penguindrum:
Complicated story about fate, revolve around siblings…

Yuri Kuma Arashi:
Symbolic discourse around lesbians

That’s my jam

Should have led with this

That reminds me… I’m almost done with Yuru Yuri season 3. Then no more yuru yuri :sob:

Oh and let’s not forget Mawaru Penguindrum allowed that to happen also :wink: (not in the actual anime however)

That video title

Oh I found the stream, but it’s only on HiDive so it Looks like I’ll be trying it out again.

or go look somewhere else, worth it :wink:

It’s too much of a pain to use “somewhere else”. I’ll just trade out my Funimation for a month. Plus they have an app now, so I want to see how that is. I see other anime I might be interested in too.

I was subbed to CR, Hulu (no ads), Anime Strike and Netflix.

Dropped Hulu, considering dropping Netflix now that I’ve seen all of Little Witch Academia.

So great!

Free CR guest pass. Code: P4TEHD9JSH3