Anime Culture Club

3 Likes

such a solid anime

2 Likes

I really liked the premise and the anime and I would love to find anything else with it because god I wish they could have made the anime last longer.

2 Likes

Semi related.

This is a video about a guy building an ITX computer using the Sifive Unmatched boardā€¦ but wait for itā€¦

I think Serial Experiments Lain inspired a full generation of cypherpunks and alternative techies.

1 Like

I got some new blurays in the mail from RS and some other updates. Looks like after the release hell over the last year things are now finally starting to pick up and Iā€™m not seeing as many delays or hiatuses.

I also got around to updating my list entries on MAL and exported it to my Anilist profile as well:

https://anilist.co/user/zealon/animelist

Discotek has really been killing it lately with the older/retro releases and even more on the way later in Q4. Kenichi was definitely a surprise to find out they got a nice upscale to put it onto BD. I thought the series was in license hell still with Funimation. Hopefully Discotek can save some more licenses from Funimation that are just left to rot away. One good example is Last Exile, which would be awesome to see it on BD, however Funimation kept releasing the trash sequel for the series though, ugh. Trigun would be another great one if it ever got a JP film transfer (which as far as I am aware has not happened yet).
Lupin the 3rd Part III on BD was also unexpected as I wasnā€™t sure if they would find it viable to release the older parts onto BD. I also picked up The Rose of Versailles on bluray and it looks pretty sharp. It would be great if Discotek ever did a dub for some of these older shows (Lupin Part III would be a good one to do that since they already do a dub for part 4 and part 5).

GKids has also been releasing some good stuff lately and their steelbook cases are nice to display on the shelf. Perfect Blue is another Satoshi Kon movie I did not have on BD and I would definitely double dip if they ever release a 4K version. Porco Rosso is one of my favorite Ghibli films along with Howlā€™s Moving Castle, Castle in the Sky, Kikiā€™s Delivery Service, Princess Mononoke, Spirited Away, and Nausicaa.

I really wish more anime movies/films would release on 4K BD, but I feel like that is still probably a few years away until more studios consider providing that format. So far with the ones I have on 4K and viewed: Ghost in the Shell, Akira, The Castle of Cagliostro, and The Transformers Movie all look great with their 4K transfer. Ghost in the Shell to me is the best one I have viewed with HDR, there is so much more detail in the scene backgrounds that I have never noticed before from the standard BD releases.

I am caught up now with the Berserk deluxe edition releases and man it is probably going to be bittersweet for me when I get the final deluxe volume (which is maybe volume 14). Hopefully Darkhorse will at least do something special with it and include a bunch of artwork and translated interviews, etc.

8 Likes

Also posted in poll syndicate

I got my self my first anime figurine.

9 Likes

ryMZlQ

5 Likes

I know the meme Shinjiā€™s a bitch, but goddamn, Shinjiā€™s a bitch.

1 Like

asuka and rei just arenā€™t that good

You watch Thrice upon a time yet?

I think Iā€™ll have to get those deluxe editions.

I really wish I could get the full manga set of Kurohime and Karen: chibi vampire.

Fuck Tokyo pop

Nah, I kinda stopped watching the series. I gotta pick it back up.

1 Like

Picked this up to read

I found a way to buy stuff on mora.jp again! I think it might have been 2 years since the last time I used it, when they stopped accepting foreign credit card, even when connected with a VPN. But there was that OST I really wanted and I couldnā€™t find a way to yyyaarrr it. And it was out of question I bought it on Apple Music and have a shitty AAC, or on Amazon with shitty MP3.

But then I discovered you can easily setup a Rakuten Pay account with a foreign credit card, and just use the service to pay in mora.jp, and it works!!!

HR goodness, Iā€™m back!!!

edit: Finally my last purchase was in November 2017 (geez) and it was the OP and ED of Yuri Kuma Arashi

1 Like

Accurate

Finally got time to start My Hero Academia Season 3. So far its very good. Problem is there are so many other shows to watch now, how do I chooseā€¦or find more time in the day