Anime Culture Club

I need me a girl like Nona

Just look at that

1 Like

Watched the latest Gigguk video, it’s pretty meh but he clearly avoids the real issue people have with High Guardian Spice and that was their whole diversity pitch (the only diversity was how many colors a white woman’s hair could be) and the fact that people who pay for crunchyroll want their money going towards acquiring Japanese shows not funding more western crap no matter how anime inspired it is.

I could give two shits about hair color. All I want is a good story and tiddies.

Dagashi Kashi & Miss Kobayashi’s dragon maid were so gud at dis.

3 Likes

A good story that went absolutely nowhere, if it did go somewhere after I stopped watching it it went somewhere really fuckin slowly.

Cause you were probably asking 21 questions instead of watching.

5 Likes

Nah I got a few episodes in and it looked like it was gonna be one of those series where nothing happens even though it could’ve been a pretty interesting story

100% [quote=“cityle, post:13932, topic:126350”]
And you need to add Evangelion as a classic.
[/quote]

3 Likes

That tells me you didn’t watch it or pay attention. I could name a few animes that went legitimately nowhere for a long time.

• Prison School
  • Food Wars
  • Bleach (however this was one is arguable)
  • High School of the Dead (though the author dying caused this so this is an exception… but still worth noting)

Dagashi Kashi spoilers

You have a boy who wishes to be a mangaka but then meets a girl who looks identical to the girl in his Manga drawings. Who pushes him to take over his Dad’s Dagashi Shop cause that’s really what he’s good at. Meanwhile as the story progresses he starts developing feelings for Hotaru and shit starts getting good…

That doesn’t sound like it’s going nowhere

1 Like

That sounds like 1 thing happened lmao

Psycho Pass is getting a season 3…

Season 2 is weaker in comparison to Season 1. 1 you got to know the team pretty well, pacing was better, it was dark, great pacing, a solid 23 or 24 episode in comparison to just 11 I think for 2.

Wait to see if 3 can live up to 1.

4 Likes

That doesn’t sound like it’s going nowhere

To be fair, a lot of the screen time is used to show and explain the different kinds of snacks. For foreigners who aren’t familiar with them (in terms of “not growing up going to those kinds of stores and eating those snacks yourself as child”) it probably comes across like some kind of advertisement.

3 Likes

Ooh, i still need to watch the movie

The movie is a solid follow up to season 1.

1 Like

Fuck it. you go to Japan. Now you can get the munchies

1 Like

I said it before and I say it again: it’s probably a good thing that I don’t watch shows involving drugs.
Just started rewatching Dagashi Kashi (and hopefully continuing with S2) and now I’m craving snacks so much it hurts.

1 Like

Dagashi Kashi gotta be an excellent show to watch while your high…

That and every food anime.

1 Like

Food Wars intensifies

1 Like

clothes being ripped off during a foodgasm

4 Likes