Anime Culture Club

Holy shit, 1 and a half tissue boxes later I have finished this series. It started off feeling like an 8 but I ended up rating it a 9. It fell short in quite a few places but it went above and beyond in twice as many places. That about sums up my thoughts on this series. It was pretty easy to guess that the ending was going to be her having to return to the future pretty early on in the anime, a lot of the stuff that is left vague or just simply mentioned is really easy to figure out but that’s a good thing imo because it’s already pretty hard to read through all those tears. also the ending ending was a little confusing with when she visited the grave, I thought of 2 possibilities, 1 it’s her mother’s, or 2 it is aoi’s. And one other thing about the ending I was really hoping she would see everyone in the future but she only saw her grandma, I really wanted to know what happened to all of them in 60 years and wanted to see their reunion. I would normally spend like an hour and a half writing something for this series but tbh I’ve gotten really lazy and don’t feel like it so sorry yall lol I’m not even doing my poll thing I do before each season starts because I just don’t feel like it haha.

@TeckMonster Give this one a whirl, You’ll love it if you liked violet evergarden or anohana/angel beats (anohana and angel beats have a similar ending to this anime)

Overall though I liked the anime version of back to the future :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

Anybody know any series similar to Irozuku Sekai no Ashita kara or A silent voice? Like with how they use disabilities and it’s a drama

Eh… no dub

There I go being a dub snob again… Ugh, I really don’t like coming across that way.

It just finished airing so it might get a dub idk

Maybe, nothing about it on MAL so far, so if it does it’ll probably be a while.

Neeeeeed more eps. Great for a post gym workout!

2 Likes

Same, the troubles of us perfect people

Just finished episode 3 of amagi brilliant park, gotta say I’m kinda disappointed, I was expecting it to be a little more serious when it came to actually improving the park an attracting visitors, instead they release a video of some people in bikinis to attract people and a video of the mascot punching someone. I was honestly hoping for the anime version of planet coaster with some good humor and a good story.

I’m probs gonna rate this a low score because it is not at all what I wanted, it has a few good laughs but that’s it

Probably the best scene in the entire series, kinda sad

2 Likes

All the shows I’m watching this season have ended (unless they’re longer seasons like slime).

• Anima Yell
    was eh… like slow start in that it didn’t really do much. It didn’t do anything bad but it didn’t do much of anything really. Not a bad pick-me-up after watching that day’s Goblin Slayer but that’s about it.

• Gaikotsu Shotenin Honda-san
    Crap show. I watched too many episodes before finally dropping it.

• Goblin Slayer
    Excellent action. Dark/serious atmosphere. Does a lot of stuff right. Apparently it misses some of the stuff in the manga, and the mage character is annoying as opposed to the manga (which is what I believe is pushing the overall MAL score down just a bit). Otherwise it’s a good show overall.

• Irozuku Sekai no Ashita kara
    I find Joel to overrate the hell out of this show. IMO it’s strictly a better Tada-kun Never Falls in Love. Having watched the latter, this show is pretty much the same thing just with some better elements. Girl comes from a far away place, joins the Photography club (seriously? it just so happens that they join the same club as in the other series? Is photography really that popular over there?), the 2 lovebirds can’t be together because of other circumstances, there was a rain scene that seemed like a direct rip-off of the other show. I couldn’t get away from the feeling that I’ve seen this show earlier this year. It’s alright, but doesn’t really show the development of the emotions of the characters as well as I would’ve liked.

• Bunny Girl Senpai
    Pretty good show overall, albeit overrated. In trying to think of how to review this one I just keep getting “Yeah it was good, but not spectacular.” I enjoyed it, but I’ve seen better.

• Tonari no Kyuuketsuki-san
    Meh. A good lighthearted show that doesn’t really do anything if you’re looking for that sort of thing. Shoujo-Ai is always appreciated (though imo this one shouldn’t really have that tag as it’s the same quantity as you’ll find in Anima Yell.) but there’s not much going on. I enjoy cgdct (if you didn’t already know) but even for me this seemed like a lot of not doing much.

• Uchi no Maid ga Uzasugiru!
    Fantastic show. Good comedy, ludicrous characters, and a dark underlying backstory that all came together to make a really good show overall. It hit the feels right, and the comedy was delivered pretty well. Also it has the best ending theme of the year, opening wasn’t bad either.

• Yagate Kimi ni Naru
    Solid shoujo-ai. The second best shoujo-ai I’ve seen (Marimite is the best so far, and is really hard to top imo). This one could get there, but they didn’t finish it out. The progression is excellent. You really see the changes in the characters as the story goes on. It just needs more episodes. Just a few. Like a 3 episode OVA is all it needs to finish out, and then it has the potential to beat out Marimite for me. It has the pieces, just ran out of space.

• Zombieland Saga
    This one really surprised me. It was weird, goofy, hilarious, and also hit the feels right. The best idol show for sure. If you can stick through some of the cringy moments in the first few episodes it really rewards you with a solid story, and a good amount of feels. I’m hoping they make more of this one as there are little hints here and there that show there’s much more to the story as a whole.

2 Likes

That’s why I said it does some things really well and other things very poorly, I felt the same way but didn’t feel like making a long post so I made a short crappy one. Overall I really liked it but if I got deep down into it I don’t like it as much which is why I chose to like it more on a surface level.

Story of my life.

AND YEEEEES!!!

6 Likes

Its a good night to rewatch Log Horizon

DATABASE! DATABASE!

3 Likes

so stoked for this

but on second thought it is really lacking the creep vibe from the manga

2 Likes

So Comiket happened. I’d link it, but I have rules I need to follow.

3 Likes

The MAL descrption isn’t that great, since you seem to have read the manga what’s it about and like?

I was going to finish rewatching the first season but I forgot where I left off. Feelsbadman

Who that? Why she have mic?

Nero Cosplay?

No I mean the cosplayer, also why she have a mic? She gonna sing or is she doing some talk show shit?

How would I know, it is taken at comiket by a random fatguy with a camera.

Although I must say, the winter cosplay is always nicer, not because it less skimpy due to winter, but the effort put into the less skimpy outfits is also higher for people wanting to look good in the cold.

3 Likes

Magical girl with ptsd, fighting horrors from another world.

Hmm…

4 Likes