Anime Culture Club

I’m asking a real question

It’s J-pop with some folk thrown in

No way that’s folk

It uses some traditional Japanese instruments, therefore it is folk. Also similar melodic themes to traditional folk music.

I could do examples of other genres that have folk added on, but that’s far off topic.

Listening to japenese folk and jpop folk and nothing sounds even remotely close to what was in that

conducting more research

Could be a bunch of different things, will be easier to find where it lies genre-wise with some sources (which I’ve found).

Maybe there is a good music forums out there with more knowledgeable people? I looked and found some crappy looking ones so idk.

So it’s an anison (anime song) which makes it pretty difficult to pin down (since it’s considered its own genre.

It’s made by this guy:

and Umuya Aneta (who doesn’t have a nice page like that to post as far as I can tell)

It’s sung by:

Who also did stuff with the ani☆yume project
with a Japanese wikipedia page if you’re interested:

Lyrics are actually Polish

The song has some elements of folk, j-pop, electronic, Shibuya-kei (which is pretty good stuff that I just learned about, that everyone should take a look at [a few songs anyway, it’s a fairly broadly styled genre]), and classical (in the little flourishes at the beginning between the rhythmic drums and bass). That’s what I’ve been able to discern so far. If you want similar sounding music it’ll probably be pretty difficult, but you can check those 2 aforementioned people’s work

1 Like

So we’re getting a new Fruit Basket anime but this will following the manga… coming in 2019. I read the manga and saw the original anime. Manga was better of course. Wait and see how faithful an adaptation it is.

4 Likes

It says zenpen (meaning: the entire story) so it appears that it should be a fairly faithful adaptation. Hopefully it’s picked up by a decent studio that can do it justice. It appears to be pretty well regarded.

1 Like

IIRC Fruit Basket was the second anime I ever watched.

I haven’t watched the series in over a decade, yet I still remember the OP music.

1 Like

@TeckMonster How’s psychopass? I kinda wanna watch that but I’m unsure, also gotta finish hajime no ippo first, great series, but the matches are kinda getting boring. At first the matches were awesome but now I’ve seen them a few times and it’s getting somewhat boring. The training episodes are always fun though.

The first season of Pyscho Pass is great. 2nd is alright.

3 Likes

The original creators had almost nothing to do with 2nd season as they were focusing on the movie.

1 Like

New episode of the slime anime was kinda sad Wasn’t expecting her to just straight up die. I wish there was more story development in the episode rather than being almost completely dedicated to character backstory and other things about a character who legit just dies. It was still good, I just wish it had more than just that.

Woah
2 Likes

Just watched the first episode, not sure if it is my cup of tea. Also, Hanazawa Kana should stick with the cute girl roles rather than these serious darker ones, she doesn’t really fit them well imo.

The first episode didn’t grab me either, not sure why.

The pacing for Slime has been weird all season imo

1 Like

Apparently it’s going to be by TMS Entertainment and the author is supervising it. Sounds like it’ll be fine.

https://www.animenewsnetwork.com/news/2018-11-19/funimation-reveals-cast-staff-streaming-for-new-2019-fruits-basket-tv-anime/.139680

1 Like