Anime Culture Club

See, that’s what I love about the German dub of Detective Conan. They stuck so close to the source while still managing to explain the cultural stuff without it feeling out of place. The characters have their original names (as compared to the English version) and the voice actors do such a good job. A shame that the DVDs/BRs are so expensive (20€ per movie, and that’s just DVD).

Also, the first season or so was fucking gorey. And it was in a broadcast block for kids :joy:

edit: just looked at the episode that was most memorable to me and they did in fact censor some of the blood by doing that “shining” thing.
vlcsnap-2018-10-21-09h05m04s522
vlcsnap-2018-10-21-09h05m18s197
But still, I wouldn’t call that suitable for a broadcast block with shows intended for kids.

1 Like

Noted.
And what do you mean by “last arc”? Black Label?

No of the original run, the last fee chapters seem like a rushed conclusion full of cliche, it has some needless garbage but Arashi aka black label picks up and remains true

Ive heard how enthusiasts harp on 50 shades of grey for how it poorly portrays their fetish and im curious to see how Nana to Kaoru stacks up.

1 Like

Read all of it but the only thing that bugged me was the kinda open end in both cases. I wanna know what happens next as - despite their BDSM stuff - they act really vague and reluctant with the rest of their relationship.

I think the first one has the garbage end because it was cancelled and there was no guarantee of a continuation.

The second one i think ends on a good note.
Their relationship is pretty solid for teens into s&m, remember they are Japanese teenagers and we rarely see them outside of their play. What little it does show always goes out of its way to show how seperate their lives are, different social circles and all.

irrelevant stuff that doesn't answer your question

It brings to the front outright sex in s&m which they have been dancing around the whole series and as they push boundaries that just isn’t a line they’re ready to cross.

1 Like

Only because until then - and even in Black Label - a S&M relationship was shown as one without romantic emotions like love. In a weird way more like sports buddies but on an intimate level. While they were - well, for the most part - exclusive to each other in terms of S&M partners, the gf/bf relationship part wasn’t included in that. While being that intimate with each other, both physically and emotionally, they weren’t as a couple. Almost as if adding that part to their relationship would somehow spoil or complicate it - despite already being that intimate with each other.

I get what the manga shows and tells but I suck at explaining it myself.

1 Like

I get you, i think the manga just prefers to show and develop their relationship through s&m otherwise it would be like every other romance.

like when Nana is cracking under the pressure of her status, Kaoru doesn’t comfort her by telling her how special she is or some other romantic cliche, he ties her up and spanks her.

1 Like

Exactly why I haven’t watched Fate. I refuse to deal with convoluted bullshit. Lol

1 Like

Its not convoluted if you don’t give a shit.

I give a shit. Give me a series I will watch it gives me a tangled yarn ball and I will not knit a god damn waifu out of it

1 Like

Here is a simple breakdown
Unlimited Blade Works because its pretty
Zero because the story is good
Prisma Illya for lesbian loli magical girls
Apocrypha because Astolfo has a dick
Extra because Nero is best Saber

Concern.

Well, it’s their “breather”. It’s his way of comforting her by letting her let go of all that pressure. In a way that’s more effective than just comforting her.

This confusion is natural for any series that comes from a visual novel but in reality you can pick up any of these series and watch as a stand alone.

Ah but their relationship also grows during these events, they may call them breathers but its much more than that.

Of course they are. tbh, I don’t give a fuck about them being in HS and doing stuff like that. It’s not what’s the point. To me it leaves the sexual aspect completely out of the picture and focusing on their emotional journey. I didn’t have much inside into BDSM before reading the manga but it showed me there can be a highly emotional component to it, rather than the hard power trip and the “simple” pain as pleasure thing.

1 Like

Another thing is how much the artwork does for portraying their emotions, i may be reading into things that aren’t there lol

1 Like

Anime Illuminati

1 Like

When Kaoru does that face he looks like a major creep though xD

1 Like

He is though isn’t he?

1 Like