Anime Culture Club

The whole thing feels like a recruitment ad for the JSDF, which it might be lol they could have paid for part of it.

1 Like

Too bad. The first episode looked good as far as the animation goes. Good pace too for a first episode. Not rushing but also not stretching it out with all the important infos there.

Time to look for a new fantasy anime to keep me occupied after Overlord III.

Don’t get me wrong, Gate isn’t bad I just couldn’t shake that feeling, i think its got some good moments and worth the watch.

2 Likes

Nah, I get you. But the whole military shtick is too much for me to bear.
Not a fan of big battles in general, be they modern era or medieval stuff (the big one in Lord of the Rings did nothing for me and neither did the big space battles in Star Wars).
Military, sports and mecha are the genres in anime I just don’t care about and no matter how good the story and anime are overall, those genres will taint the experience and enjoyment while watching for me.

These are mostly theories due to the manga muddying the waters heavily.

Tsubasa Resevoir Chrionicle (TRC)
Cardcaptor Sakura (CCS)
xxxHolic (xxh)

Sakura (TRC) and Syaoran (TRC) are clones (we will now refer to them as clone sakura or clone syaoran) of their real selves which basically die sometime in TRC. Real Sakura (TRC) is also “dead”, real Syaoran (TRC) sacrificed his existence in Japan to reverse time and save real sakura. This happened infront of Yuko (xxh), as a result of syaoran’s (TRC) wish, Watanuki (xxh) was born to take Syaoran’s (TRC) place, which means they are the same.

Ton of events happen which leads to Clone Sakura and Clone Syaoran taking the reals place… Now then, during the events of TRC which leads up to the clone’s deaths, they reincarnate as Sakura Kinomoto (TRC) and Syaoran Li (TRC) in an alternate world similiar to CCS. They marry and real Syaoran is born.

The events which basically kills the clones also leads to Yuko’s death which is where the xxxHolic OVA starts and Watanuki taking over Yuko’s shop.

Blood-C is connected because it takes place after Watanuki has taken over Yuko’s shop for sometime.

Messy thoughts to be organized.

• It is mentioned Clone Sakura and Syaoran have the same soul as their CCS counterparts.

• Real Syaoran’s real name is Tsubasa

• Real Sakura’s real name is Tsubasa

• Clone Sakura and Syaoran share the same magic circles as their CCS counterparts.

• Clone Sakura possess the same starwand CCS Sakura owns, Yuko mentions there is only one starwand in existences among the many worlds.

• Clone Syaoran passes down his sword to Real Syaoran, this sword is the same sword CCS Syaoran wields.

• Tokyo Revelation’s Arc doesn’t make sense, because it takes place in a destroyed tokyo where CCS sakura (in her middle school uniform) makes a cameo to guide clone sakura. How many version of Tokyo is there?

• The manga also ruins the theory the CCS Sakura and Syaoran are TRC Real Syaoran’s parents because CCS Sakura presents TRC Clone Sakura Li (nee Kinomoto) with the Starwand in a dream, which is later given to Yuko as payment for a wish.

To be expanded, trying to organize my thoughts.

Holy shit is trying to connect these dots a brainfuck.

1 Like

Oh there is maybe one big battle, the rest is the main character’s adventure it’s just within the confines of military structure.

1 Like

Its still an anime

On goes the search for another fantasy anime…

I love battles like those that’s why I love series like these and play games like total war, stellaris, halo wars, endless space etc.

I agree with you on the star wars ones though those seemed pretty boring, but the clone wars animation on CN had a few good ones iirc, it’s been a long time so maybe I’m wrong

AY buddy, you better watch gate, it’s all about watching them all like our good ol ash ketchum of anime wannabe Zealon over here.

The confusing world of CLAMP’s crossover series.
Tsubasa
xxxHolic

Related but not necessary to the crossover world.
Kobato.
Chobits
CardCaptor Sakura
Blood-C

1 Like

Watching Lucky Star. It’s eh. Did have a reference to Pani Poni Dash which was neat.

I never went further than 1 min after the OP for this one. Opening an anime with a silly discussion about how to eat a croissant was just wtf for me.

1 Like

Oh that conversation goes on for over 1/3rd of the first episode and resurfaces in the last third. It’s a show about less than Seinfeld was about. I don’t mind it, but I can easily see how it turns many people off. I think it’s overrated, but not bad imo. Is a nice relaxing show which is what I was looking for since I finished up Himouto! Umaru-chan.

You will understand why I linked you this later.

Season 2 of Bakuman is definitely feeling like a 10

Damn @Skelterz I’m definitely not dropping SSSS gridman now.

1 Like