Anime Culture Club

Honorable mention? This show has more substance than what’s been mentioned combined.

Looking for substance in SoL

1 Like

The problem is SoL is so broadly interpreted it encompasses everything and yes even SoL should have substance. If you copy something that was good without understanding why it was good you get crap.

And my comment was more about Sakura Quest being an honorable mention

Here is my contribution

Widower wants to feed his daughter home cooked meals while his student really wants to jump his bones.

2 Likes

I haven’t seen it yet, but pretty much all the shows that have been suggested are somewhere on my list, be it completed or planned. Same thing with Denki-Gai no Honya-san as an honorable mention… such a fantastic show, only issue is it ended an episode or two early for my liking.

What got me to watch Sakura Quest was an article describing it as starting life over after failure and I thought that was interesting.

Muh body tells me I want to see the relationship flesh out but at the same time my brain tells me that society may look down upon a man with a daughter getting involved with a woman fresh out of high school.

1 Like

Meh, there are ten volumes of manga was thinking of picking them up slowly

I didn’t really have much of a problem with Usagi Drop as most did

1 Like

Man fuck this episode, all we got form it were some stupid faces. I want to see some good OP diablo action.

And your preferences are wrong

1 Like

Always judge
N0v9

Just joking @TheDiddilyHorror, I just really like Sakura Quest

That a pic of you IRL?

how did you know?

2 Likes

What (anime) do you want to see more of?

And how do you want that delivered to you?

I want more K-On! Specifically a two movie series where the first one covers the girls in college (possibly around graduation and job hunting) and the second later in their adult lives (career / family)

Yui as an Oba-san would be great too.

2 Likes

What defines slice of life?

definition

Even the strongest of men cannot hold back the water.

New teaser for Gundam NT @SoulFallen

1 Like

The right answer is either spice and wolf or Log Horizon

K-On! for sure, they have the manga for it with the continuation of the graduates as well as one of the continuation of the high school club.

I’d like to see more of Azumanga Daioh of course, in college would make for an interesting show.

Denki-Gai no Honya-san as I’ve mentioned before. Just a slight continuation of the development of the characters and the relationships therein would suffice, could be a movie or OVA, not even a full season is needed to make it nigh perfect.

Ichigo Mashimaro, just some more stories and interactions, perhaps slightly more character development would be nice. A season or two more would be great as the 5 extra OVA episodes aren’t quite enough to satisfy me.

Karakai Jouzo no Takagi-san another season perhaps, or they adapt the manga with her as an adult, either would be nice. I just want more of that forehead.

Konosuba. Duh. more seasons please, no idea on specifics, just more goodness.

Maria-sama ga Miteru Such an excellent shoujo-ai series that really deserves another season. Just up to Yumi’s graduation would be nice. The fourth season is an excellent setup for a fifth as it does eventually resolve one of the biggest subplots of the show but leaves the main course of events slightly open-ended, unfortunately we probably will never get one.

Shimoneta Great, hilarious show. Well deserving of another season imo. Unfortunately one of the voice actresses passed away so even if we ever got a sequel, it wouldn’t be the same.

Yuru Camp. I think it would be interesting to see them all grown up as depicted in one of the episodes

Wotakoi I know @skelterz has some issues with the series and they are indeed warranted. I think a second season could quell those feelings as well as supplement what is a very solid show. Could expand on another budding romance began in the first season.

Tenchi Muyo Should be getting another OVA eventually as OVA 4 is just a setup for another since all it really does is give the viewer a rundown of the current state of affairs in the canon universe. GXP and War on Geminar also are deserving of at least another season (OVA 4 really sets these ones up as well).

Ryuuou no Oshigoto! Yes I know @Skelterz hates this show with a passion. I stuck through it and aside from the overdone loli nonsense, it actually does have some decent parts. I’d like another season to develop these actually quality parts of the show further. Also the ending felt rushed. \

Golden Boy. Such an excellent OVA that is easily deserving of another. I’d like it done in some sort of similar format in that a bunch of seemingly unrelated events all collide together in the finale.

Almost forgot… and I’m ashamed to say that…
Hinamatsuri. The finale certainly sets up what could easily be an excellent second season and the show itself is magnificent.

Kobiyashi’s Dragon Maid I love this show more than it’s honestly deserving of. That intro and outro are some of the best themes I’ve seen in any anime. Another season plz.

Edit:
Totally forgot Crossing Time
A full show dedicated to the two characters in the first and last episodes would be great. I’m a sucker for shoujo-ai.

2 Likes