Anime Culture Club

Here’s some gud seinen anime recommendation

• Elven Lied
  • Tokyo Ghoul
  • xxxHOLiC (this is more of a psychological / comedy / seinen mashup)
  • Deadman’s Wonderland
  • Hellsing
  • Ghost in the Shell (Classic rite here)
  • Cowboy Bebop (another classic)
  • School Days (I personally hate this anime with extreme prejudice… But it’s still a good mindfuck)
  • Death Note

There’s a metric ass-tonne more.

2 Likes

I would recommend the classics right off the bat

Cowboy Bebop
Ghost in the Shell
Trigun
Full Metal Alchemist: Brotherhood
FLCL
Trinity Blood
Wolf’s Rain
Hellsing Ultimate

The general types I laid out aren’t strict genres so you’ll see shonen with a more mature streak and seinen with some immature stuff.

3 Likes

Honestly I do not watch much TV but when i do the shows i get sucked into are ones with plot twist that make you think.
I like Mr. Robot, I like suits- when it is on.
as far movies go I like things like star wars, U.N.C.L.E, Guardians of the galaxy… Oddly a strange combo of sci-fi and mystery/ spy films catch my interest. sorry for late reply i normally do not think of these things as what i like due to the fact i’m normally doing them in a family setting and focus more on a group effort.

3 Likes

Ghost in the Shell would be your thing. It’s a classic in the seinen / sci-fi / cyberpunk genre.

Also the opening song is legendary.

2 Likes

Also forgot Claymore, Eureka Seven and Samurai Champloo

2 Likes

u wot

also all dat rep for muh boi dai sato

1 Like

I will probably throw in my recommendation of
Durarara
The Devil is a Part Timer
@Skelterz thought you would mention Gurren Lagann as well.

2 Likes

If you end up trying something, give it 3 episodes. If it doesn’t pull you in move on to another one.

I’ll recommend Death Note (It’s on Netflix), but it’s not necessarily family friendly.

Edit: Death Note the anime, not the movie.

2 Likes

Oddly enough I watched that i did not know that was anime i actually enjoyed the film.

1 Like

I did say Trigger can do no wrong but Gurren Lagann seems to be more contentious than I thought

1 Like

I enjoyed it too

1 Like

Was it the movie or the anime series?

Movie

Ah. Watch the anime it’s way better.

The movie is based off it.

On a side note, been watching Minami-ke since it was a recommendation to Mitsudomoe, its okay but it really suffers from having way too many characters, each sister has a whole class with at least 10 or more people they interact and its goes from here to there with situations.
@Skelterz I will watch Gurren Lagann one day…
I don’t know why I always skipped it, I always heard it was good but was always scared to start that first episode.

1 Like

For sure where do i watch these and in what order should i check out first?

What is Gurren Lagann?

I would suggest just skimming the descriptions and choose what piques your interest

If you live in the U.S subscribe to vrv. It’s $10 and you get funimation and Crunchyroll.

Hulu contrary to popular belief has some legendary back-catalogue of anime. so there’s also that.

2 Likes

Over the top Mecha (giant robots) with some major feels

1 Like