Anime Culture Club

Fuuka is semi-trash so nope.

1 Like

Kind of annoying I thought Kimi no Iru Machi was pretty good, it went pretty retarded like any other Seo manga but to see an author decline kind of sucks

1 Like

He has nothing better to do.

1 Like

lel meant if they made one of this new thing you be on about

Probably not.

I read Fuuka by chance actually. the story sounded similar to something i previously read, then I did a bit more research and realized it was the same author. so I continued up on it and 200% mad as time went on.

I like the manga emotionally, but critically it was a mess.

All of Seoā€™s manga is, Kimi was just a little better than the others.

1 Like

Suzuka was pretty good as well but I wasnā€™t expecting anything other than a time filler. I can say at least they werenā€™t terribly predictable, which is where I think the authors weakness lies. In trying not to make his stories predictable, he ends up fucking it up. Never read fuuka though since I thought suzukaā€™s ending was pretty good.

Oh Fuuka is only tangentially related to Suzuka. But Seo does some really cliche shit like a dead lover being in the way (this seems to be his fetish)

1 Like

Yeah I remember skimming pretty hard towards the end of both of his manga. Couldnā€™t stand to sit through dialogue when I knew it would get resolved due to some dumb plot device.

1 Like

Are these all manga or are some of these LNs? If youā€™re willing to read series that are ongoing Iā€™ve got a giant list for you to chew on.

If you werenā€™t aware major fuuka spoiler Fuuka Akitsuki dies in chapter 36 only to be replaced by another girl named Fuuka some 30 chapters later.

1 Like

Iā€™m so emotionally removed from that series at this point I donā€™t even care. I would like another manga to read though, canā€™t find anything good thatā€™s sufficiently edgy while maintaining quality.

I really want more like this:

and

2 Likes

I need to start Dorohedoro over again, been a long time since left off.

Youā€™re right, I do have a bias. ĀÆ_(惄)_/ĀÆ

That reminds me I actually liked Grimgar and Konosuba. Grimgar really got the K-on treatment in the anime. The manga is really flat, bland, and just no good. The anime really gives it some girth.

I agree, but not entirely on Gantz, not like it has nothing to say, but it is more of an arc driven story that isnā€™t afraid to lean on shock value. The changes in kurono and the hypothetical situation that are set are just way too cool though.

Most of them are manga, a few are both.

Except for a few I have no idea what NLs are in there, so Iā€™m good on that front.

5 Likes

Boku girl is kinda meh. I read that a while ago but It got boring.

I did finish it instead of dropping it. But itā€™s okay.

Well I seem to have underestimated Chioā€™s School Road after the first episodeā€¦ Itā€™s just fantastic comedy. Definitely recommended.

Only 3 chapters left until the end :smiley:

His art style is insanely good. I loved the humor involved with it. Main reasons I liked it.