Anime Culture Club

Something I really like about K-On! is the background characters like the girl’s classmates. They know these characters and are a part of their lives so they have these interjections that are totally natural like when they call Mio and Ritsu a pair.

3 Likes

It took one loli face planting into a naked man’s crotch for me to drop that

4 Likes

Well sometimes a show can be okay even with stupid shit like that.

It was when we find out the chick with the hat is looking for a dude, and that this is due to her being a reincarnation of the ancient chick who had an incestuous relationship with her brother, then killed herself because she was turned into a monster or some shit, and the main dude is most likely going to turn out to be the brother… some cutesy story about eternal love but with incest because reasons

yeah… no thanks

Wow that sounds dumb

2 Likes

What show is this? I must know :wink:

You’re probably already watching it

3 Likes

@Skelterz I started watching Fate Stay Extra Last Encore.

First impression of it: WTH is this? At least it isn’t a hot mess like Apocrypha. Why are Fate Stay Characters in this? Pacing has been even so far and with few characters it is pretty focused which is nice. Animation seems to be alright.

1 Like

I’m gonna kill myself by watching at least 5 episodes of Island.

I’ll let you know if I make it.

1 Like

DITF was going to shit past episode 12

I think it was clear at that point that the show wasn’t going to amount to much but I still think that 13 and 15 were good.

yeah I definitely loved like 02/Hiro interactions they were pretty solid and the story had room to grow but it just felt super rushed.

Definitely suffered from kill la kill syndrome, where it just became exponentially stupider in a bad way

1 Like

I could live with the ending in kill la kill where it was definitely rushed but nothing felt out of the ordinary.

The director just didn’t know what he was doing. Hiroyuki Imaishi (the guy who directed kill la kill and gurren lagann also wrote DITF’s action story board) doesn’t know how to write a ending either.

He’s also doing studio trigger’s newest animation, PROMARE…

https://www.animenewsnetwork.com/daily-briefs/2018-06-27/studio-trigger-xflag-unveil-logo-for-promare-original-anime/.133478

Which I will now not be watching.

4chan's reaction if anyone is interested https://boards.fireden.net/a/thread/174865410/

ANN being savage af toward DTIF MCs

Zero Two, once the best part of the show, got all of the edges sanded off her. Like, I’m glad she got to be happy, but it seemed to come at the cost of her entire personality. She may have turned Hiro into another oni, but Hiro turned her into another potato in turn.

Finished the second season of K-On!, gonna whip up dinner before watching the movie.

3 Likes

The only thing that kill la kill had going for me was that the show was so god damn bizarre in a area where issekais and moe shows were dominating the market, but the like decision to go back and fourth between serious and whacky was too much for me. felt like a animaniacs special

Just watched Asobi Asobase

First impressions… 20/10 - go watch it

3 Likes

I watched it earlier today, very surprised.

I was on the fence about it, decided to give it a shot because its SoL comedy involving high school girls and was blown away by it. Excellent comedy thus far and seems it will remain that way.

2 Likes

You really don’t expect it either based on the cover and intro.

It seriously caught me by surprise.

2 Likes

Bought FLCL Progressive to binge it, maybe it will be better if I’m not half asleep?

Wrapped up K-On! Fucking love this series

2 Likes

dunno missed it on tv a bunch but saw what might have been last episode saw some stuff wrapping up whatever type bs

but… seemed like what i expected i guess, the mc lady is do some random shit just to be ‘weird’ and random but then be trying to lecture some kid about stuff, when shes like a complete waste/failure atleast in the first one, never seen the earlier stuff in this one i guess to see if she still slums it with some idiots when she has the ability to infiltrate off limits areas/has some kinda adamantium moped/super powers of some sorts

like have some kinda high life using obvious potential or live with some dongs and eat stale bread and shit

maybe if i saw this kid that needed to buy her own freedom? and all this about her being a teacher it might have been a better wrap up but seems like… pretty likely it would be mostly meaningless, just dribble trying to make it seem like it did/said something