Anime Culture Club

I would like a example please.

Have a look at this lady who holds the record for most characters dubbed in English.

She’s in her 50s and has done rolls such as konata from lucky star.

the ‘green’ guy sounds more like in his 20s or something then say 10(like ash in season 1) atleast on average

but seems pretty common, have random voices that dont match at all the character, like random skinny/not physically large males with oddly deep voices like when people would get dubbed in westerns or some shit

or put that hard boiled gravely detective voice that would fit say chief aramaki(being way older etc, would be more natural to have a deeper voice) on some 20 something nerd guy.

girls with really high pitched voice whatever, maybe like earlier in that same clip the mom had a fairly deep voice, but not way too deep, but more of a 40-50s kind of vibe to me, then the mid 30s youthful mom look that she had

(fyi was only the second thing i looked up just off top of my head looking for a sub video on youtube, since wouldnt have a specific example, more just in general any time ive heard non dubs, seems fairly common something sticks out to me, as in they arent perfect either, at all)

tokyo ghoul :re game hype!!!

I hate the end of the season… all the good stuff is ending

They better make a second season of Hinamatsuri or I’m gonna be pissed…

3 Likes

I learned the manga does something interesting and hope a second season picks up there.

1 Like

https://forum.level1techs.com/t/the-lounge-2018-06-june-philosophically-alcoholic-edition/127986/13609?u=nuke

3 Likes

The likes.

7 Likes

Pokemon is not really known for it’s quality so I would think that’s just a individual case of being bad.

I don’t think it’s really an industry problem but I definitely think it reflects the quality of the individual anime,

In Japan you have more of a selection of voice actors willing to do work for anime, whereas in America there is less of a demand for voice actors since the anime medium is significantly more niche.

So in general Japan dubs are going to have more variety in the types of voices you hear vs in America. So when you refer to to Anime that have bad casting in Japanese dubs, it’s not for a lack of variety, it’s lack of care and/or budget. In America it’s easier to attribute bad voice acting to lack of variety.

oh hey anime lounge

Oh hey desu what are you watching besides FranXX?

watching the lounge descend into a novasty fun circle

1 Like

You should check out MegaloBox

whats this nonsense

It’s good stuff my dude

Like a modern take on Ahita no Joe, soundtrack is lit too

is there plot

No

worst anime ever

So its like watching a weekly boxing match?
Without $70 PPV

1 Like

Oof, I spend way too long making my own novasty avatar original and shit, and nobody likes it, feelsbadman.

Time to come back to the thread with people who appreciate me, never again will I go to the normie thread.

4 Likes

Also, the witcher 3 pisses me off so it is time to go back to anime.

Oh, and I bought nekopara and if my heart had wings, maybe I should play those.

1 Like