Anime Culture Club

Because their source material is usually trash.

Take black Clover for example, itā€™s source is pretty generic shonen and I wouldnā€™t say itā€™s inherently trash but the show takes the trash AMD turns it up to eleven with 5-8 minutes of recap per episode and the nonstop screaming.

Obviously Boku no Heroā€™s course stands above most but there is no reason an anime adaptation should be worse the whole point is to enhance itā€™s source material.

I dot know where Iā€™m going with this, Boku no Hero was great this week.

Light sabers in GGO? Who woulda thought

Did you not watch the GGO arc of SAO?

Iā€™m watching P-chan right now, you told me to so I am

Iā€™m just saying you would have known about the light sabers if youā€™ve seen the GGO arc of SAO

Thatā€™s what Iā€™m watching right now isnā€™t it?

No, youā€™re watch SAO Alternative: Gun Gale Online. Iā€™m talking the GGO arc from the main series with sword Jesus.

1 Like

Nah, Iā€™ve been forgetting to watch the good arcs from the main series, also forgot which ones yall said were good and which ones were bad lol

There isnā€™t any particular arc Iā€™d skip, I just have some serious problems of with certain aspects of the show. In particular, what is the point of the show after the initial SAO arc?

1 Like

Paulā€™s vacation video was pretty damn nice. Would like to plan a trip at some point.

2 Likes

Good video, got me thinking though.

What is it about Japanese culture especially that around the Mieji period that goes so well with hip hop ie: Samurai Champloo and Afro Samurai? Is because they are so antithetical or is it in spite of that they go so well together.

I donā€™t know why people are giving this series so much shit, but I think it is alright. The first 2 episodes imo were terrible but Iā€™m on episode 6 now and it seems that it has been picking up since episode 3 and slowly becoming better.

Also, after watching this and seeing how it has the most normal couple possible, displays their relationship well, and it isnā€™t even a romance show, it got me wandering why there isnā€™t a single other anime (that Iā€™ve seen at least) that just has normal couples doing normal couple things. What I mean is kinda what western media shows it like, for example how it shows Shawnā€™s and Juleā€™s relationship in Psych or Bones and Bootheā€™s relationship in Bones, except they donā€™t make it feel kinda weird and out of place in the series. They did it better than western media has in this anime by making it feel more normal/natural with the anime, not cringy how the western ones can be sometimes, and it is more normal (Jivunya Lorezzo is just his GF, not a coworker or someone pops up in the series more than she should.), It just kinda flows well with how everything is going in the anime and doesnā€™t feel forced or out of place.

Not worth my time

I havenā€™t seen it all so maybe it gets shittier and I have yet to get to that point, but rn it looks like it is slowly getting better than the first 2 episodes were.

TBH Iā€™m probably watching it 25% because I actually enjoy it and 75% for the couple lol

Holy shit they made a movie for this a few months ago, fuck anime itā€™s time to watch some psych.

1 Like

2 Likes

I almost forgot I wanted to make these each season, well hereā€™s the one for the summer season

Pick the shows youā€™re planning on watching for this next season

• Attack on Titan season 3
  • Overlord 3
  • Isekai Maou to Shoukan Shoujo no Dorei Majutsu
  • Satsuriku no Tenshi
  • Island
  • Tenrou: Sirius the Jaeger
  • Shichisei no Subaru
  • Jashin-chan Dropkick
  • Hyakuren no Haou to Seiyaku no Valkyria
  • Angolmois: Genkou Kassenki
  • Sunoharasou no Kanrinin-san
  • Yuragi-sou no Yuuna-san
  • Banana Fish
  • Grand Blue
  • Back Street Girls
  • Lord of Vermilion: Guren no Ou
  • Happy Sugar Life
  • Hanebado!
  • High Score Girl
  • Harukana Receive

0 voters

I have no idea what is airing next season besides Backstreet Girls, Iā€™ll let this season wrap up then iā€™ll see what is on deck next.

You also know Ains sama will be back next month

Why did you know this was a thing? I didnā€™t know till I just looked at what will be airing starting next month and this is by far the weirdest shit on there