Anime Culture Club

I think a lot of people prefer anime over other forms of video media because the director has more freedom in what’s being produced and can convey ideas and emotions better than traditional television.

2 Likes

Not to mention that they can get outrageous, but it’s still believable in the context of the show. Anime takes more chances than traditional television which is why there are so many great ones. Last season alone had: A place further than the universe, Yuru Camp, Takagi-San, Violet Evergarden, the start of Darling in the FranXX, and the Mob Psycho 100 special. This list also illustrates there’s a much greater variety in anime than traditional television. While regular TV may get a great show once every few years if you’re lucky, anime consistently provides a few great shows every year.

2 Likes

Yes, but the anime industry also has way too many people who only produce anime for the money so they make the most trashy shit that they never intended to finish. “What’s popular right now that can produce money? Isekai. Shit out as much isekai as possible”

Like they don’t even bother to put their heart and soul into it, it’s like they just got into making anime for the money, not because they enjoy doing it.

2 Likes

That’s what happens when something goes mainstream. Look at the video game industry.

Money makes the world go round.

1 Like

I prefer anime because a lot of them have a great story and humor that you dont find anywhere else, the only thing that disappoints me is that some series dont go on for very long, the ones that do are fantastic; like dragon ball or the gundam series, but theres others that I wish they would make more seasons or variants of their main show. Watching Steinsgate 0 and its a perfect example of how to continue a series without it feeling like its a cash grab but more of a plot filler…and a way to earn more cash :stuck_out_tongue:

2 Likes

Exactly. I like anime because everything can be overly exaggerated in the best ways, from fighting for your life, to crying, and even with romance. It really gets my feelings stirring, all the way from haveing me intensely on the edge of my seat to legitimately tearing up.

2 Likes

Well Steins Gate is based off a visual novel, so all they have to do is adapt each route. Anime based on other forms of media such as manga often doesn’t have that option. If they do change the story from the original source material in such a drastic way it usually ends up being terrible.

2 Likes

or awkward like FMA when they made the story before the manga was done lol

Yup, so I think the more Anime becomes popular, the less we will see risk taking like that in the industry.

That’s pretty much why I read more manga than I watch anime. Since manga authors are given even more freedom than anime producers.

1 Like

Where else are you gonna get a good show about horse girls?

Rainbow%20barf

4 Likes

Anime isn’t a culture its a disease

3 Likes

5EoYHo5

5 Likes

Now that you’ve entered here are you ready to catch our disease?

1 Like

It’s actually not bad lol.

@Skelterz, back me up here.

2 Likes

I totally expected it to be a load of trash, what we got was totally wholesome show about cute girls trying to do their best.

@Venom415

2 Likes

I´ve had the disease longer than any.

I am anime

BInpaHT

/s

6 Likes

Holy hell, Boku no Hero was intense this week.

Why can’t more shonen shows be this good?