Anime Culture Club

… Go watch sword jesus, the GGO concept was there before there was that spin off anime.

GGO arc of SAO was officially published in 2010, probably well before that in WebNovel form.

SAO Alternative: GGO started in 2014…

PUBG… 2017
Now tell me GGO is a Battle Royale rip-off.

1 Like

there is a GGO arc in SAO that predates the battle game craze

I never said it was a rip-off, I said it was another battle royale piece of trash, all battle royale is trash to me it is so god damn boring.

I didn’t know that, I really only watched the first season. I kinda wanna watch the rest but it is probably bad like the second half of season one was.

2nd season in a nutshell.

Sword Jesus becomes a Jedi trap w/ PTSD in a Battle Royale shooter.

SAO - not bad except ending
ALO - Shit.
GGO - Better than ALO, FAR BETTER THAN SAO Ending, overall concept is not bad.

TBH, you literally just ended on a bad note.

1 Like

So should I watch more? If so which ones should I skip or watch?

watch them all and then get angry anyways.

Been looking for this for years. Cheers now I can watch it :smile:

@Skelterz

The manga has taken quite a weird turn with chapter 56 (I think) onward suddenly being turned into a prequel story with no transition at all. Like, the main story is being put on hold indefinitely. It’s super jarring reading it but I like this prequel a hell of a lot more than the original story, where the prequel characters are a bit more likeable. The manga is still not great but it kills time ¯\__(ツ)_/¯

This ruined SAO for me. Before watching this I liked the first half of season 1, after I can’t say I have any respect for the series

1 Like

Are you insane that is an hour long!! even skelterz and novasty can’t say I am just saying that because it is true, that is way to long lmao

You don’t have to watch it. It’s really a podcast, so just play a video game and listen to it. His analysis of the other SAO series are really good as well.

I can’t multitask like that, if I were to do that I wouldn’t understand a word he is saying cus I wouldn’t be paying attention, that is why on the rare occasion I do watch a roosterteeth podcast I watch the whole darn thing.

I play games that are mostly muscle memory like Dark Souls or Rocket League so most of the time I’m not paying attention to the video game or I just go for long walks playing Pokemon Go with a podcast in the background

disgusting

2 Likes

What’s your boner with this chick?

P-chan

the gun

Yeah you want the gun alright.

Sexually

Lol your relationship with P-chan is the same as Thor and Mjolnir?

I grew up watching Stargate. P-chan has been carved into my soul from an early age.

1 Like

it’s the same as a weeb and their body pillow.

3 Likes

Thor rode his hammer, weeb rides their body pillow, @Skelterz rides his P-chan :joy: