Anime Culture Club

With the Evangelion Rebuild series being completed at last, and available on the Western side, armed with a prime trial, unspoiled until now, I watched the 4 movies back to back.

An emotional roller coaster is an understatement.

Hideaki managed to bring the meaning the infamous episodes 25 and 26 (which I liked personnaly) into the ending of 3.0+1.01

3 Likes

As someone who hated the rebuilds when I first watched them (just as 3.0 was released), I can confidently say that the rebuilds are incredibly good (except for 3.0) and that 3.0+1.01 has the best between the three animated endings of the series.

1 Like

I did like 3.33 too. More slow yes, but it serves its purpose in the story building. And the EP is a banger too which seems under rated compared to Beautiful World and One Last Kiss

Got suggested this. Shame official legends couldn’t use eurobeat

2 Likes

Don’t know why there is 3rd one and a movie but fuck yeah fangirl screeching

giphy

3 Likes

Been on a horror manga reading trip.
Some Junji Ito and other stuff.
finally finished Tomie (which was a slow start)
Kiriko and Kiriko Kill (the latter was kinda meh)
6000 (takes place in an underwater facility 3 years after a strange incident)
Fuan no Tane (short story collection, and I mean short stories)
Mushihime (beautiful woman = deadly)
An Island named Desire (going to an all-women island to lose your virginity is a bad idea)
Dokuro no Yakata (short story collection, very old-timey art style)
Travelogue of the Succubus (Junji Ito)
Some stories about Sadako (from the Ring series; although the stories are either more on the wholesome level or more sad)
Wendy (Alice in Wonderland with a modern, darker spin)
Furou Kyoudai (twins that get haunted when separated, more of a shonen manga than horror)
Convenience Store of the Dead (also more of a sad/melancholic manga)
Breakaway (horror oneshot)
Kagome Kagome (similar to Furou Kyoudai but with a little bit more horror)
SCP Comic Anthology - KAI and what chapters I found of KI

For a brighter mood I finished LandLadyankee (which apparently got axed, judging by the sudden ending).
And I started Oku-san (big tiddied housewife’s every day life).
And then there’s then ongoing stuff I’m reading.

2 Likes

Have you seen Big O?
Also space dandy?

1 Like

god, I miss the big O

the show’s second half was absolutely nuts

You might like
https://anilist.co/manga/95699/Kasouba-no-Nai-Machi-ni-Kane-ga-Naru-Toki/

Mystery and horror. The main character moves back to his hometown with a strange curfew to protect residents from the wandering dead.

1 Like

Will check em out.

Oh, that really sounds interesting. Thx for the recommendation.

1 Like

Finished Myriad Colors Phantom World and its special, that was well… fine, had some great moments but they made the plot interesting too late and it was quite abrupt.
Cautious hero was somewhat the same, got interesting at the end but most of it was just average with good moments here and there.
Also finished My Bride is a Mermaid and that was definitely a joy to watch once in a while.
Ohh and Hidden Dungeon Only I Can Enter… well I watched it so its done now lol.

Now watching To Your Eternity which my heart was not ready for tears in the morning, Welcome to Demon School Iruma-kun which is perfect for healing my heart after watching TYE, and Im almost done Megalobox Nomad which has been great!

1 Like

Was meh IMO. Definitely not Kyoani’s best work.

I feel like I read approx. two chapters of the manga before I dropped it.

I thought this one pretty fun when I first watched it. I’d recommend it for people into romcoms.

Garbage

I need to watch this. The source is fantastic, and I’ve been hearing the anime does an outstanding job. The creator made A Silent Voice as well, so she’s two for two on exceptional work.

1 Like

Definitely Meh, Tossing the MC was funny though. Cautious Hero Definitely felt like it lacked any risk so it became dull, Agreed on MBIAM and HDOICE, and good lord I shed manly tears to Eternity, Animation and sound track and the superb VA makes it one of my favorites, watch it when you can!

Yep

Oh yeah the first arc is kinda a downer. It gets really crazy in the recent chapters

Oh yeah that’s a funny one, if you like that assassination classroom has a similar classroom structure
These memes captures the series

2 Likes

Never made the connection but in a way yeah it has the same formula, Iruma-kun has more cuteness in it and AC has more comedy. Both are equally enjoyable :+1:

1 Like

I’d post this here, but I want some flexibility sharing this to other people.

Found this on the tachi discord

1 Like
3 Likes