Amiga 500 Plus rebuild

That happened with real A1200 hardware from time to time. A lot of games need you to turn off the 68020 cache

1 Like

True, and probably the cause of some problems, but there is more to it than that. If for example you setup Workbench with libraries that will work on a proper 68020 there is a good chance you will get a guru meditation on the MIST running as a 68020. In short I don’t think it is fully implemented - rather it’s implemented enough to give you some extra speed and so that any instructions or checks needed for WHDLoad or some demos are there.

Don’t get me wrong, if you just want an A500 or A1200 to play some games there is a good chance a MIST will do that for you in a way that is more realistic than UAE e.g. you just switch it on and get presented with Kickstart screen like the real thing, and you can plug in 9pin controllers etc. but still use your favourite USB keyboard and mouse. The Amiga and Atari ST cores also include a scan doubler so you can also use an ordinary PC screen without worrying about it working at 15KHz instead of 31KHz. It really is a great little device and I’ll probably use mine more than my actual Amiga :slight_smile:

1 Like

So, latest upgrade for my Amiga arrived in the post.

It’s one of these:

It will allow me to install a Raspberry Pi into the trapdoor expansion of the Amiga and control it from the Amiga. What’s more the Pi can write directly to the Amiga chipmem which means it can work as a full co-processor e.g. stream an MP3 into the Amiga RAM or compile a C program with a cross-compiler that can then be executed on the the Amiga’s 68k CPU.

More info here for anyone interested: https://github.com/niklasekstrom/a314

3 Likes

This topic was automatically closed 273 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.