AMH A409U, entire row of dead pixels. :(

Hey folks. Back in August I picked up 4 x AMH A409U from dream-seller. They've been working great until now, sadly... I think I won the dead pixel lottery. An entire row of dead pixels, right across the centre of the display. Here's a photo

It's definitely the monitor at fault, I've powered it off and on, and tried it on my laptop and PC, the issue persists.

I'm running one of those dead pixel fixers that just flashes that area of the screen over and over again, but I'm not holding out much hope that'll fix it.

Does anyone else have any other fancy dead pixel fixing techniques? (that don't void the warranty) before I ship this thing back to Korea?

Besides that, does anyone have experience RMAing these things? do I have to pay to ship it back to Korea? how long does it take? any useful info?

Thanks folks :)

Hey ! I am following you, I have 4 amh also, bought from Dreamseller ! Maybe check if a board could be the culprid and not the screen. (IMO).
I do not think I am off in saying this could very well be a electronic prob not the screen. I am starting to google around to see if other users had returns after nearly a year of use !
Do you recall any special event before the present problem.
Did you try OC or were they OCed ? I noticed that did do not seem to like being OC, at 120Hz on 1080p I started to get weird scan off when awaken. Went back to regular Hz and problem diminished nearly completely !
Finally, I had my monitors always in smart UPS (model with line over and under correction), here the AC varied between 129 and 117, and most electronics are protected and build to handle under voltage, very few are protected for OVER voltage !
Waiting for follow-up !
and good luck!

I hope you kept your boxes; they will most probably require the original packaging for protection !

edit 1 = get the smart ups !
edit 2 = i kept different jpeg of boards in the 409 v 1.0 They are in a 409 thread here somewere

Haha hey again, yea I remember you from my original thread where I bought them.

I do not think I am off in saying this could very well be a electronic prob not the screen

Could well be. I did notice some odd issues beforehand, it would sometimes not go into standby, and the power button wouldn't do anything, had to unplug it from the wall in order to get it to turn off occasionally.

Do you recall any special event before the present problem.

Nope nothing special, just noticed it today.

Did you try OC or were they OCed ?

Nope, it has ran at 4k over DisplayPort for its entire life

I still want a UPS, maybe I'll buy one soon.

I did indeed keep the boxes, thankfully.