AMH A409U 40 inch 4K UHD color profiles

Hello,

I created some profiles for the AMH A409U 4K monitor using the i1 Display Pro colorimeter for different luminance levels. Target white point is D65K.

Most people will want to use the profile for 120 cd/sqm. If you work in a darker room, maybe you’d want a lower level of luminance and if you work in a brighter environment perhaps a higher one. I created a 250 cd/sqm one, for those who like looking straight into the sun all day long.

These were created on an nVIDIA video card, you can use them on AMD too, but I cannot say how accurate the results will be, since AMD cards tend to oversaturate things (especially the reds). Also every monitor is a bit different, so if you need a color accurate display, you should individually calibrate it. But these profiles should land you in a general ballpark.

Enjoy!

For a target luminance of 80 cd/sqm: (personally I prefer very dim screens)

Backlight: 9
Brightness: 49
Contrast: 50
Gamma: 2.2
R: 52
G: 48
B: 39

Achieved:

White point: 6436K x:0.314 y:0.330
Black luminance: 0.017 cd/sqm
Luminance: 80 cd/sqm
Contrast ratio: 4627:1

File:

A409U_80.icm

For a target luminance of 100 cd/sqm:

Backlight: 14

Achieved:

White point: 6442K x:0.314 y:0.330
Black luminance: 0.021 cd/sqm
Luminance: 98 cd/sqm
Contrast ratio: 4620:1

File:

A409U_100.icm

For a target luminance of 120 cd/sqm: (most people will want this one)

Backlight: 19

Achieved:

White point: 6443K x:0.314 y:0.329
Black luminance: 0.026 cd/sqm
Luminance: 118 cd/sqm
Contrast ratio: 4609:1

File:

A409U_120.icm

For a target luminance of 160 cd/sqm:

Backlight: 31

Achieved:

White point: 6462K x:0.313 y:0.329
Black luminance: 0.035 cd/sqm
Luminance: 160 cd/sqm
Contrast ratio: 4578:1

File:

A409U_160.icm

For a target luminance of 250 cd/sqm: (way too bright in my opinion)

Backlight: 59

Achieved:

White point: 6478K x:0.313 y:0.330
Black luminance: 0.056 cd/sqm
Luminance: 252 cd/sqm
Contrast ratio: 4523:1

File:

A409U_250.icm

2 Likes

Hey. what a great job......(fucking maniac, I told you...........so), and I really mean maniac in a very positive way.
Must have taken some time.
STILL, GREAT JOB :-)

It's not that I'm a maniac, but the screen is a very important piece in the interaction with your PC, so it makes sense to me to have an accurate experience.

It's like audio, most people that appreciate music on a deeper level prefer to hear what the artist intended them to hear.

For example, I watched this video on youtube with the screen uncalibrated. It was fine, it looked good, but the blues and greens seemed a bit over the top, also the image was very cold. After calibration the video looks a lot better to my eyes.

1 Like

I HEAR you...........I am still on vinyl. Luxman pre-amp and power amp and mainly 4 EPI M150 s. To me CD sounds like crap and definitely NOT like the musician wanted us to hear.............don't know about rapers.
I hear you very well and understand your motivation. I am just trying to ............try to....., just trying to I guess.

Oh, if anyone wants a calibrated profile with other settings, just ask, and if I have time, I'll post it here.

How are things ? Monitor behaving ?

Absolutely amazing video. Definitely worth the time watching..........preferably on AMH A409U. (IMO)
edit 1 = just sent the link to my son; He will appreciate very much.

1 Like

Monitor is fine. I can now have 3 to 5 windows fully visible on screen at the same time, so my workflow is greatly improved.

For example now I'm working on a website, I can have page source, css, preview and the psd design/wireframe on screen, and still have space left for a window with documentation sources.

On my 30" I could only do about 2 or 3.

Issues remain, text artifacts/bleeding and color bleeding. But these are not as bad as they were on the Philips. Anyway, I will concentrate on the added productivity, if I need color accuracy without any of the AMH issues I will revert to the Dell.

I am happy to hear everything is working out, and productivity is up, that is great.I have realized that the possible setup variation is tremendous, and most probably there is a setting, or settings that obliterate this.

I need to find some window organizer, window snapping software. Functionality in windows for this is limited. I mean it works fine for small screens, but for 40" 4K some extra options would help a lot.

Vizio has a screen dividing app. I tried it on A399U, for what I tried it seemed to work. I can find the link if you want.

That would be great.

If you enjoyed that video, here are some more. In case you need to show anyone what a 4K monitor can do :)

And so on...

your links no longer work, can you please reupload
i should be getting my a409u in a few days, and interested in seeing how these profiles can inprove it
thanks

With the A409U I had, I was able to consistently produce shadow lag on screen with mouse and windows, though it was only present with certain color mixes (and minimal). For example enemy planes in warthunder had quite bad color lag/bleed. I really don't remember this happening EVER with the Wasabi Mango's which is why I ordered a UHD490 from green-sum.

Unfortunately green-sum has gone radio silence mode since I bought it so I have no idea when or IF they plan to send me one...

Hi ! had you have a chance to try different permutations (i like that word) ? That was the monitor with the top area screwedup ? (display)

Absolutely stunning !!! the 409 is incredibly sharp, for these I I put the super resolution to max !!!!! (in OSD)

I re-uploaded the profiles to TinyUpload. Hopefully they will survive longer there. Updated the links in the first post.

many thanks!

ive just downloaded all of them before they disappear into the ether

I am still looking for that vizio software; but for some unknown reason, it keeps sending me to the french url, and I cannot find shit !!!!!!!!!!
I have the soft, how can I send it to you ? (respecting all policies)
EDIT 1 = CAME ACROSS THIS HOWEVER:
LG's split screen software allegedly disables the Windows User Account Control feature, meaning everything unwisely runs with full administrative privileges.
i DID NOT KNOW

Great upload on the profiles young man... very helpful.

Just ordered my panel today so am looking forward to using them soon.

Great vid links too.

I did find a few similar demos from LG and Samsung which are also impressive.

Here's to the postman ringing the bell!!!!!!

1 Like