AMD X570 VRM Wiki

I wont speculate… I think that ASUS probably had some sort of deal before Ryzen and like intel got caught off guard ASUS probably had something similar going on not really gonna say one way or the other. I know its the end of me buying products from them again. They have lost what has been a loyal customer for a long time. Thats pretty big imho

No, but I’m not super big on conspiracy theories. I think the whole Ryzen 3000 launch is pretty rushed, AMD is still fixing bugs and the Motherboard vendors are trying to catch up. Asus just seems to be a little behind everyone else, probably because they are the top board vendor and they don’t really care what people think.

1 Like

AMD needs a company like EVGA that makes motherboards solely for AMD. EVGA is top of the line for intel and AMD should get Sapphire or another company to make mobos solely for AMD.

You know its pretty silly. Sure they are but in reality most of them source from FOXCONN for a ton of their stuff … Consumers are always better off on the 2nd place manufacturer because they are always trying to raise their quality. Yes ryzen is a bit rushed out the door but modifying the EFI to handle this shouldnt be more than a weeks work for them. They have a very large amount of software engineers. I harp on them because in reality there is no excuse for them to be behind.

Gigabyte is the best motherboard manufacturer for overclocking unquestioned by the best in the world. ROG isnt all what its cracked up to be they are fantastic boards but from a guy who was using the initial ROG stuff I have to say their QA has fallen

Look if they fix what they have been doing for the last year or two I’ll totally jump back with them but my next build is gonna be gigabyte…

Sapphire would be amazing! I wish man I wish

I’m a huge fan of EVGA. They seem to have be limited to Intel CPUs and Nvidia GPUs thought and partners that have moved away from exclusive builds in the past have seen some punishment dealt to them. (Especially in Nvidia’s case.)

Gigabyte is gaining ground but the serious lm2 overclocker board for x470 was the Asus ROG CROSSHAIR VII HERO. No one else as many overclocking options or memory support by comparison.

Also i don’t want to be picky on your great work.
But the ISL69147 pwm is a 7 phase voltage controller for AMD only.
On the Asrock X570 Taichi / Phantom Gaming X, it runs in 6+1 phase mode.
So there are 7 ISL6617A doublers on the back of those boards,
1 for the Soc rail and 6 for Vcore, not just 4 :wink:

I think thanks should also go to the other post I just now became aware of by @B.Allen2782 unfortunately his post got buried so quick that when the request for such a post came up we didnt find it. This forum software man… seriously, it can suck sometimes. Anyways I think we need to get to work on merging the posts as was suggested by Adubs AMD X570 VRM Wiki (Ive wikid the reserved post below it for merging)

I really need to examine the back of these boards better

@PhaseLockedLoop

Not sure if Asrock did the same trick as with their X470 master sli lineup.
Boards using different components, depending on what they had.
But i have seen a version of the Asrock X570 pro4 with a different set of mosfets as you listed.

• Asrock X570 Pro 4.
  • Asrock X570 M pro4.
  • Asrock X570 Phantom gaming 4.

The one i have seen was using for the hi-side a single Sino power SM4337,
and for the Lo-side a single SM4336.
Those boards are just rubbish unfortunately. :slight_smile:

Ugh tell me they didnt do chinese mosfet shenanigans again :confused:

Uhmm yeah they did :stuck_out_tongue:

Ill add it. Just find myself out of time in the week days

1 Like

Well, I can confirm, Gigabyte is to say it politely problematic to boot out of USB. I am having temporarely the Gigabyte Aorus X570 Elite - Sandisk Cruzer USB 3.0 16GB would not boot any OS, I had only luck with old Toshiba USB 2.0 8GB stick. Another thing was Windows 10 1903 was unable to install and boot out of the nvme boot disk - Intel Optane 900p in the UEFI mode, only in legacy mode, all drives were recognised. I was looking into upgrading my x470 Taichi to the x570 Taichi, but today I saw the VRM temps on Hardware unboxed and damn, thats a lot hotter than competion. Anyone has experience with ASUS Strix x570 boards?

1 Like

Enable CSM. Some USB devices are not properly setup to handle EFI boot. Most are. Also if windows is installed and if you are in WIndows UEFI mode then this will happen on a lot of boards where it locks you out of booting from other devices. This happens on my fathers PC. I installed linux with UEFI and secure boot enabled. It has a signed kernel. You cannot boot any other device but the encrypted linux installation. Disable secure boot and enable full CSM and your issues will go away

Danke … :slight_smile:

CSM is enabled by default, I have even tried enabling secure boot but the Gigabyte BIOS is just awefull. Just to add, I tried Windows 7 USB tool, Window s 10 USB creation tool and Rufus with both MBR and GPT partitions. Only ancient Toshiba worked and only in non-UEFI boot, CSM enabled and legacy only mode for storage and PCI-e devices.

1 Like

Speaking of Hardware Unboxed, their recent 3900X + B450 Tomahawk MAX video on Ryzen timings had the BIOS idle voltage at 1.5V.

1 Like

Another way to tame the voltages I’ve found in the ASUS BIOS is to set the Vcore to manual, but leave the Vcore field on auto. It will default to 1.375v and Vdroop as necessary. You can undervolt from here too if you want to.

HOWEVER, this increases load temperatures because the lowest LLC setting isn’t enough to drop the voltage. Low load scenarios however do boost properly with this setting. So not ideal for encoding, but good for getting a handle on boost voltages as a band-aid.

1 Like

Well yeah not that surprising really.
Because that mobo and cpu combo is basically an idiotic combo to begin with.
The vrm on that board is basically not adequate enough in my opinion.
I’m curious what the actual vrm temps where at those testings.

1 Like

Its been known for a while now.

This exactly LMAO… I dont understand peoples ideas of cheap motherboard being their budget solution. If anything budget solutions are buying a CPU that could… like the Ryzen 5’s plopping them in the cheap motherboard and getting a beefier graphics card. 9.9 times out of 10 this is going to result in much better performance than a crappy budget tier motherboard + higher end CPU that gets throttled by the VRM and a lower end graphics card for nearly the same costs but thats all besides the point

Have UEFI updates helped anybody’s situation yet?

2 Likes