AMD Threadripper Pro 39XX /Asus WRX Pro 80 MB

Greetings!

I have the AMD Threadripper PRo 39XX combined with the Asus WRX Pro 80 motherboard. As of right now, I have 128GB of ram via 2 sticks of Kingston Premier Series 64GB 288-Pin DDR4 SDRAM ECC Registered DDR4 3200 (PC4 25600) Server Memory Model KSM32RD4/64HAR.

My question is not about the memory needed to support my system. My question is, should I get another 2 sticks of the same memory to pull out the best for this system? For some reason, I have read about needing at least 4 of the 8 sticks of ram for the Threadripper Pro processor. Now the cost of the ram is not bad, considering its ECC/64GB. I use my computer for CAD, 3D, BIM, etc. This is my work-hours computer, and I used the ECC to stabilize the system.

Some clarity will be great!

Thank you so much in advance.

generally the more channels and ranks installed the better the performance

but if it does what you need it to do then upgrade later, you might not see a meaningful improvement for the amount of money for more ram

2 Likes

Thank you so much for sharing - I appreciate it!

For the value of the two sticks of ram. I also see from time to time this particular ram on eBay for sale. I missed two sticks for about $400 bucks over the last month.

I have no issue building an mini-itx build. But I do not want to lock myself in with a single PCI slot.

found this on my search until i buy´d an AMD Pro with the Asus

what the hell is wrong with this board ? no links …the whole internet is just a gigantic link.

goto google and search for “phoronix 5965WX Memory Scaling”

1 Like

Youngman I pray your day is well.

Quick question - Do you have any know-how or history of over clocking AMD Eypc processors?

This topic was automatically closed 273 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.