AMD Ryzen Threadripper PRO 5975WX cooling solutions?

Recently purchased a workstation for virtualization & heavy containerized workloads along side ML & haven’t been able to properly find the proper cooler for this beast. I’ve been avoiding a custom loop because I don’t really want to deal with water in a machine nearly costing 8K. So far I’ve found a cooler for BeQuiet but it says a TDP of 250W when the 5975WX is rated for 280W, will this affect performance?

I’ve been entertaining the idea of an AIO but haven’t found that many built for Threadripper other than the IceGem 360 which seems really neat but I don’t know if it’ll just crap out in under a year. I also found the NH-U14S but I’m not sure what exactly would be the best choice for this machine so I can really load it up without overheating.

Thoughts?

Can’t remember if the artic sp3 cooler was better than the noctua but I believe the noctua is better than the bequiet

Thank you for your reply, I’ll look into it

I used the Cooler Master ML360 TR4 for a while (longer than a year). Aside from being hard to find, it was great before I went custom loop. Full size cold plate.

A third party seller does have them in stock for more than MSRP, but I don’t see them anywhere else.

Hey man, I’m looking for the same solution, can u please share what did u pick?

Did you checked the waterblock? It looks like it doesn’t cover the whole heatspreader.

Depends on how much effort you want to put into it.
I went with water cooling and soft tubing which made it pretty easy to do.

This thread is pretty old… also yes, it very much does.

I’m in the same situation. I have the dual fan noctua cooler and the airflow with dual 4090’s is an issue. It either dumps heat straight on to the top 4090 or sucks hot in hot air from the GPU and fails to eject it that well from the case.

I think the best option may be a custom loop but the pricing is steep.

I was asking myself this same question earlier today, keen to follow along!

Hello all! Thought I would throw this solution your way. I have been shopping for a new server chassis and came across the brand Slinger. When I narrowed down which chassis I wanted, I found that they had a cooling solution in the form of an AIO for HEDT and Server CPUs.

It specifically listed my Threadripper 3970X as compatible, so I ordered one with the chassis I wanted.

The waterblock in the picture looks good for size, though the radiator is a bit thinner than I would have likes to see.

I will report back when I have it installed and track the cooling over a week compared to Noctua NH-U14S TR4-SP3 with an additional fan I currently have installed.

Tschüss!!!

1 Like