AMD Ryzen 7900X - X670E AORUS Master - Unable to POST with codes 39 and 42

So I went and bought the new platform. New CPU, Motherboard and DDR5 Memory. (Everything else the same)

I had previously bought an asus board, had pretty much the same issues I have now. I did get into the BIOS once, then into the OS. The PC crashed as soon as I logged in and ever since the PC wasn’t able to POST. I blamed the mobo, maybe I had a bricked board or something. (Used BIOS flashback, no change)

So that was RMA’d and send back the to store.

I now have a gigabyte board, and am having pretty much identical issues, different codes. No POST once this time. Tried all the same steps, re-seating everything, one stick of memory, different positions, onboard graphics etc. etc. Also flashed the latest BIOS, no change.

The LEDs point to VGA. I know the GPU is fine, I have another system it works in perfectly. I have tried removing all M.2, no change. I’m at a complete loss…

My only thought now is either the CPU or Memory is defective, hedging towards the CPU. No pins are bent (None were on the old board either).

Parts list: https://uk.pcpartpicker.com/list/wJXsPX

Any ideas? Could it be a defective chip?

The place I would check is for debris or thermal past in the cpu socket.
The cpu 8 pin power is not properly seated.
One of the psu cables are not seated correctly.
Is possible memory dimms are not in correct slots.

1 Like

OK now I’m getting POST code 95… :confounded:

And back to 39 and 42

Just retried all of that, nothing :frowning:

Have you tried not using the GPU and use onboard graphics

Yep, same code

Going back to ram you tried both sticks one at a time

Yeah, every slot too

If you bought it from a shop and have them test it in another board, or just get it rma’d
Unlikely both your ram is bad

Amazon unfortunately so I guess I just need to RMA the CPU. Feels to me like the CPU is having issues communicating with something. Curse of the first batch I guess

1 Like

If it’s Amazon it’ll likely recycle through the systems until it reaches some chump that doesn’t return it in time

Never buy used from Amazon

2 Likes

I don’t for that reason :rofl:

I cannot see 2 mobos brand new being bricked. Most Ryzen systems take time to actually boot for the first time. I hope you did not try to repower. If you did that will damage the firmware. If you get it to boot, the cpu may not even boost if you did. Take the whole thing apart again if you have to. Recheck every wire.

This topic was automatically closed 273 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.