AMD Ryzen 7 pro 4750G for NAS

Hi Guys!

I just watched the latest Ryzen video and loved it.

If you hava time for that or it is a good ide for next video…
Would it be possible to build a test NAS from it with Unraid and ZFS with the usuall stuff, plex, ect…

They have done unraid / zfs etc videos before, the 4750g just would give you onboard video, pretty sure you would also need the Pro sku if you want ECC support.

ECC is on all of the Ryzen CPUs AFAIK, support for it seems to be more of a motherboard issue. There are a few server AM4 motherboards with ECC support. There are also some consumer class boards with ECC support, but I noticed that it tends to be older B350/X370 boards.

I have 4 different boards I am going to check for ECC support, I am building a home server with a 3400G. I was using an R610 with dual 6 core Xeons but it was huge, loud, and I sold it. I can get almost the same performance out of a single 3400G if it is well cooled. If I need to I have a 2400G I can build a second system with; even running two is less power draw than the R610, and with m.2 and a hardware RAID card I can get similar performance or better for most tasks (NAS, Security cameras, pfSense.

I have seen the 4xxxG chips on eBay recently. 8 cores 16 threads at 65W is tempting, and the pricing isn’t bad at all.