AMD Ryzen 2700X Temps

Hello,

I have some questions about somethings.

First question: When i’m using HWInfo which is the correct temp Tctl or Tdie i’m not used to using HWInfo i have pretty much used HWMointor, I’m going to guess it’s Tdie but i’m not sure,
Here’s a screenshot.

Are my temps good, I haven’t done any stress testing either, Not sure what program to use and how long should i let the stress test go for.

Second question: My temps jump around a lot when i open a program it can jump up 10 c just bye opening one program but it does come back down, I don’t like my temp jumping around that much is there anyway to fix that i think the only way maybe is to spin the fans a bit faster i do have the fans setup as manual in the BIOS but i have changed them just the default percentage. I was using a CLC but looks like there might be a problem with it so i’m using an Air cooler atm but it’s not setup normal i have the fan as an exhaust cause of memory.

Third question: Not really to do with my CPU but my HDD light stays on completely doesn’t matter which way the pins are facing, I have disconnected all of my sata HDD’s but it still stays on i have check task manager in Windows and there’s really nothing in there that’s hammering the HDD’s, It also happen on my Godlike motherboard when i was using it and now with the Crosshair VI Extreme, Cause it just but that the HDD light has just gone faulty.

Thanks

Tdie is the silicon die temperature. Tctl is a control temperature used to drive fan speeds.

Regarding your temps: What cooler do you have and how warm/cool is ambient temp in your environment?

Out of those 2 which is the actual CPU temp or it’s neither?

I’m using a Noctua NH-U14S CPU Cooler as for ambient temp i wouldn’t have a clue.

Tdie is the actual temp.

34 seems about ok’ish for that CPU.

Give it a stress test with AIDA64/Prime95/Blender and see what the max temp levels off at after about 20minutes of stress testing.
Then you’ll know for sure if it’s ok.

I have heard from other people that AIDA64 is hit and miss, I have used OCCT in the past, If i was going to use Prime95 what settings do i need to enable.

Is 20 minutes too short or is that more of a guide?

The specifix tool doesn’t matter too much as they will all stress the temperature higher than your usual use will. So any of those is suitable for establishing a worst case baseline.

In prime 95 small ffts max heat is good.

20 minutes is a rough rule established through experience where most air and even medium liquid coolers will have levelled off more or less.

2 Likes

Ok i will run prime95 for about 20mins and see what the temps are like.

FFS these Corsair fans are pissing me off spinning up and then spinning down.

You can set a delay in the BIOS or software so that they don’t ramp up immediately.

There ramping up when i’m in windows.

I never have any damn luck when setting fans up.

Download Asus AI Suite, it actually does a pretty decent job. It can control 3-pin fan speeds from Windows too, not just PWM.

2 Likes

Isn’t Asus AI Suite similar to what i can do in the BIOS with Q Fan or what ever it’s called

Yes, it will let you alter fan curves from Windows. Here’s what mine looks like right now:

Here’s the CPU_FAN options, see the smoothing time bar, this is what keeps the fan from ramping up on temperature spikes:

I would probably ignore it for everything else, but for fan adjustment on Asus boards I have come to like it quite a bit as long as it’s not conflicting with other software (don’t install it alongside Corsair Link for instance - that was frustrating).

@Steinwerks
I used the software but i couldn’t change my front fans for some reason, It only found my CPU & Rear fan so i don’t know.

@catsay
I run Prime95 for over an hour looks like my max temps are about 65c not sure if that’s good or not, I don’t know that much about stress testing.
Here’s a screenshot

1 Like

~65C under load is fine actually.

Seems like the CPU was also still running at it’s all core 38.5x multiplier. Nothing wrong here. :smiley:

That aside your RAM seems to only be running at 2133MHz (1066*2). What sort of RAM do you have?

That’s good to know, I was playing some Team Fortress 2 last night and the temps didn’t go any higher than 50c

I’m reusing Corsair Dominator Platinum from my X99 system i have a feeling that the Crosshair VI Extreme doesn’t like this memory also i see in HWInfo Is missing timings for one of my dimms not sure what’s going on there Windows does read them at 16GB.