AMD Raid and installing GNU/Linux

Sorry if this has been asked before but I haven’t bee able to find an answer to this problem.

The other day I got round to reloading my system. I have Ryzen R7 on X370 chipset and I’m a developer. Generally use Windows but where needed I use Linux (Example Compiling Android for my device)

Now I know the smart answer to my question would be to spend a little money on another SSD or even throw in a 1TB HDD I have on hand but I like to challenge myself to build my environments just the way I like them.

So the issue is I have two SSD’s in RAID 0. I have my reasons. Nothing is stored locally on these drives which I would be worried to lose. Have my networked storage server for that however I decided I wanted to install Linux on my system rather than relying on VM as I usually do. Since I needed to reload Windows 10 N anyway I partitioned 40GB’s for a small Linux install specifically for some minor development work. However the problem comes when trying to install Linux.

Windows is easy enough. Load two drivers when running of the windows install USB from a secondary USB and then install. Linux however is not that easy. I have been unable to find AMD drivers for RAID in Linux to allow a Live USB running Fedora to see my Raid Array. I know it’s possible when running Raid on an Intel system but X370? No built in drivers.

If someone could potentially point me in the direction to drivers to be able to install Linux onto a Raid array, that would be great.
Also if anyone knows how to fix the issue of Debian being unable to display the GUI on X370, that would also be great. Prefer Debian over Fedora but an hour or problem solving and trying different Debian distro’s failed to find a solution.

Cheers

If you created a partition for Linux on top of your raid, you’d need support for raid in the bootloader, as well as a driver to be able to access the block device once the kernel has loaded.

A quick Google search revealed this: https://frdmtoplay.com/amd-raid-on-ryzen/

Linux folks would typically put the kernel on a pair of mirrored partitions, and would use LVM or similar to build a raid on top, basically to avoid having to depend on software provided by a corporation in order to be able to lay their data out.