Amd Radeon Sapphire 7970 drivers fail when I OC

Whenever I try to OC my 7970 to anything above the stock 950 Mhz the drivers start freaking out and crash. Can anyone offer me any help?

You are going to provide more information than that.Do you have sufficient airflow? Are your temps too high? Which 7970 do you have? What are you using to OC? Did you up the voltage any? As well as any other information that might help us to figure out what the problem might be.

Sorry about that. I believe I have sufficient airflow as all my parts stay cool. At 100% load the gpu only ever gets to maybe 70C after being like that for a long time, and it only ever gets like that when doing a burn test. I have the SAPPHIRE 100351SR Radeon HD 7970 3GB 384-bit GDDR5. I'm using the amd catalyst control center. and I haven't touched the voltage. I went to the newegg page where I got it and read comments on what people could get the card to without touching voltage so I tried that.

I have tried to get the new amd drivers as I've heard the old ones ( 13.9 ) are buggy. I put it back to 1100 Mhz and 1500 on the memory and it hasn't crashed yet but we'll see I guess. It might have just been the drivers. Thanks for any help.