AMD Radeon RX 6000 series

Me:
To whom it may concern, I have attempted to order a RX6900XT for a build I am making and have had the order fail FIVE TIMES! I stayed up through the night five times waiting for restock, I get the item in my cart, and go to pay only to have the purchase fail FIVE times!

I would really like to use your GPU as I am making a shift away from NVIDIA and Intel. If I can’t then I may reconsider and go back due to Intel being more readily available. As a customer this is very frustrating especially as a more mature customer.

Is there anyway I could put a GPU on order? I only want ONE not 100, just one for personal use and NOT RESALE to scalp people or to mine. I just want to use the memory feature and enjoy gaming on a AMD system.

I appreciate your time and consideration.

AMD:
Thank you for the email.

The stock on AMD.com will be regularly replenished as new inventory becomes available. Due to an unprecedented demand for these products, at the current time stock availability for purchase will vary.

Additionally, our board partners started offering their custom solutions and designs. We continue working closely with them to ramp production and bring more custom AMD Radeon 6000 series cards to market over the coming weeks.

I request you periodically AMD Store for availability and try placing the order again when the stocks are available. We apologize for the inconvenience and thank you for your understanding.

Thank you for contacting AMD.

…I want to hunt down scalpers and hurt them…alot…

2 Likes

I say we take to the streets.

2 Likes

LOL, ok so it’s not that bad… but very frustrating… id be willing to pay 20-30% premium…but 100-150% plus…NO DICE.

Just really frustrated, I know I dont need it, its a luxury…and the automotive industry hell almost every industry is jacked up at the moment…but still… I watch unboxing/testing/benching/ocing vids…and I just get ANGRY…lol so I stop watching. lol

1 Like

I have a 2080ti. If I had sold it like many others before 6000 series or 30series i would be gpuless. I am glad I have not sold it yet. But in general i keep my old parts and when i replace them I give the parts to family members and friends. I gave my dad my 1070ti, and my 5700xt is going to my sister.

1 Like

I feel you. In the same boat. Im actually trying to pair it down I think. 6 PC’s is too much lol.

Right now I have a 3950x and a 5950x. I am trying to buy a psu for a decent price to build my 3900x system again. I have all the parts for that besides a psu. I plan on giving the 3900x to my brother. He has a gtx 1060. My thoughts on that is that he has a 1700 and a 3900x would greatly improve the performance for his medical simulations.

I would love to replace my 2080ti with a 6900xt. I loved my 5700xt. I would want the super high end gpu from amd.

1 Like

They actually seem to be easier to find than 6800XTs. Super expensive (so is everything else though so…), but if you’re willing to pay, they actually do exist.

Also given the stupid, stupid money being asked for things like 3060/3070/3080/6800/6800xt - a few hundred bucks extra for the additional performance isn’t proportionally that bad any more. Ditto for the 3090. All the cards are retarded money at the moment, but the 3090/6900XT in terms of what you get for the money is actually not bad (well, its fucking terrible, but relatively speaking here) vs. the lower tier cards when taking ACTUAL street price into account.

At least that’s how i rationalized it. that and the fact that everyone involved seems to be indicating that supply isn’t going to get any better for at least 12 months.

If you’re on a higher end turing or navi 1 based card i’d be sitting tight and holding on until next gen at this point. I was on Vega, which was starting to struggle, given i upgraded monitor to 4k recently (that, and its a tax-write off for me).

3 Likes

Yup i´m still rocking a FX8350 + 7870Ghz edition.
And it basically still does what it supposed to do pretty well.
The new gpu prices are just rediculous and i suppose it will stay like that for a while.
I was looking into a system upgrade with a RX6700XT.
But yeah not for those prices. :slight_smile:

3 Likes

If this continues for much longer, here would be my plan B:

1. Buy a 5700G for ~$350
  2. Sell 2080 Ti for scalper prices (1000$+)
  3. Buy a 7800 series card next year for $600

PROFIT! Literally. :smiley:

4 Likes

Woah ho ho… Slow down there sunshine. Firstly GPU series are more frequently lasting 2 years now, and secondly TSMC are expecting shortages into 2023.

The current generation will around for a while yet. They need to ship enough to make the development worth it and they can ride the wave. Why market a new GPU when people can’t even get the last one.

And plus this way they could potentially go a generation and a half if the madness holds out, as in, develop what would be 7000 and then just keep improving it internally while the 6000 lives on for potentially quite a lot long than they initially expected. Give AMD even more catch up time on nVidia, but this is just a theory, a hopelessly optimistic theory.

So by all means do it but don’t expect to “profit” for another 2+ years and even then it might take another generation after that for the companies to get over the neon and cocaine headiness of the current profit boom and actually get back to some what normal prices like we were used to.

3 Likes

Oh, fine. I’ll settle with a $600 6800 XT then. :slight_smile:

4 Likes

I’d say you could pull 1800 for the 2080ti… or better. I looked to do a sli setup…thought better of it lol

I am almost annoyed. I saw a 2080ti for €990 in an actual shop window… Second hand but man.

2 Likes

Just my thoughts after a month of 6900XT (powercolor red devil OC) ownership.

Wow. This thing just slaughters basically everything i throw at it in 4k. And that’s without FSR. I mean 200 FPS in Doom Eternal at 4k with max settings… its a proper step up from Vega 64. The thing gets around 60 fps plus in Superposition at 8k

Ray tracing is the only slow down; i’m sure that will improve with optimisations for AMD’s architecture in that respect, and FSR will even the playing field there too.

Driver experience so far has been mostly ok. Better than i remember Polaris or Vega being on Windows in the early days.

Point of my post? If you’re wanting an AMD GPU and are on the fence with 6000 series and something 6X00 comes up for an affordable price, jump on it.

Even if its a 6700XT - i figure even that card will destroy things like previous top tier Pascal (or Vega, 5700XT), especially when new features like mesh shaders are enabled. Also, the new consoles would be a viable 4K gaming alternative. I haven’t seen a ps5 or xbox x locally available but make no mistake, the hardware in them is properly capable.

If you’re on something less capable than Vega 56/64, any of these 6000 series cards (or console) will be a massive step up.

As bad as the GPU market is right now, in terms of the tech coming down the pipe, we’re going to see huge leaps with what is possible in the coming few generations.

This really feels like the biggest step i’ve experienced since i went from Geforce 7800 to 8800. Or from Voodoo Rush to TNT2. Lol.

5 Likes

If more games get FSR support that will actually be a pretty viable strategy…

1 Like

There is also UE5 Nanite and Lumen technology (among others) that enable older cards to render more detail. Someone on YT tested out a R9 390 and found UE5 Nanite gave around %50 more performance overall. Nanite is a dynamic-procedural LOD and mesh occlusion system, it only works on static meshes atm but they intend to allow it for all in time.

1 Like

cool, didn’t know if UE5 required mesh shader hardware capability for nanite or not.

#me2

ditto…

newegg emails be like… on sale 6900xt OC 2120 USD

wtf… no

Well luck beset you. There is one on these very forums for 1650.