Amd radeon pro SW arch

Although AMD drivers are open source and function just fine, the Radeon Pro (W6800) Software, which allows for max tuning and therefore performance, is not supported. Does anyone know of a workaround?

YES, I checked the AUR. If it’s there, maybe under different name :thinking: :face_with_monocle::man_shrugging:t4:

Are you talking about Adrenaline (Windows Tuning Software) or the AMDGPU Pro Driver?

If you are trying to overclock and tune, then yeah, there are some community tools that poke kernel exposed parameters. But if you know what you want, you can just script it.
https://wiki.archlinux.org/title/AMDGPU#Overclocking

1 Like

AMDGPU PRO
I’m not overclocking but being able to tune for performance has always made my machine feel like it. Or so in windows, at least. Not the most experienced with Arch or its derivatives, is there a script that would help install the GUI ?

Look at the link, there are some mentions in there for GUI tools. You said AUR so I assume you are using an ArchLinux based distribution. It is definitely worth your while to start leaning a little bit of bash scripting if you are going to run a bleeding edge distro in order to take advantage of new features in the kernel before they make it into any GUI tool.

1 Like

Fair enough. Like most I started with Ubuntu but now I’m on Manjaro. No shortage of features there but feel that I’m not seeing the same level of performance from my gpu as I did in Windows. Blasphemy, you say? Yea I know, but still very true. Thx for the link

That may be true. Keep in mind that if the game is not native, then you are not going to get one hundred percent one to one parity since you are running things through a compatibility layer if not emulation.