[AMD/RADEON] Navi NextGen™ GPU Rumors & News TINFOIL HAT Edition

Yeah, i’m on crossfire vega 64, but people like us aren’t the typical PC gamer… :smiley:

There’s plenty of buyers for lower end hardware…

My perspective was rest somewhat after a friend brought his kid round to have a look at my system and get some advice for his first PC build.

I showed him my 1080 Ti & 980 Ti systems and was suitably wowed.

However when I pointed out my HP desktop in the front room had a half height 1050 Ti installed just to run my Zwift virtual software for my exercise bike he was like “You have a 1050 Ti JUST to run that!”.

Of course to a typical kid that would be a big investment or present and not the “good enough” GPU I’d considered it.

I gave him some advice and a Xonar 7.1 DX sound card as something to get his own system started with.

One of my friend is running a 1080ti, everyone else is running GTX970/R9 270X or slower.

500 money units is about what the typical person spends at max for their PC. So 2400G, SSD, HDD, 8GB RAM, PSU, Case. That is it, money up.

1 Like

“We are looking at the MCM type of approach,” says Wang, “but we’ve yet to conclude that this is something that can be used for traditional gaming graphics type of application.” via PCGamesN

So, is it possible to make an MCM design invisible to a game developer so they can address it as a single GPU without expensive recoding?

“Anything’s possible…” says Wang.

MCM may be a thing but if it would be a thing then ISV and NUMA are the critical components and after that also the studios that make the games need to support that kind of thing…

MCM GPUs from Radeon 2025 you head it here first :joy:

also I read somewhere that Navi would use GDDR6 and I’m pretty confident to remember that there was an articel stating that you can oc gddr6 that is supposed to run at 16gbs to get to 20 fairly easy

AMD Radeon Pro V340 – 2x Vega 10 GPU Using An Multi GPU Solution
The card was quietly unveiled in a presentation given by Nick Pandher, Director of Market Development Professional Graphics at AMD during a Chinese press event. The card is one of the first AMD cards to feature 32 GB of HBM2 memory and is essentially 2 Vega 10s running in parallel. The graphics card is being purported as a virtualization solution with capacity for 32 users.

From The AMDGPU Info/News Thread

I’m gonna rename the Thread to require everybody to have strong tin foil hats

1 Like

Buckle up buttercups, WCCFtech has a big glas of our favourite cool aid:

The AMD Polaris 30 GPUs are completely unheard of and not even part of any roadmap we have seen so far. The Polaris 30 GPU is said to be the third iteration to the high-end Polaris line which initially shipped as Polaris 10 in 2016 followed by Polaris 20 in 2017. Polaris 30 based GPUs are said to use the latest 12nm FinFET process and deliver a 15% performance jump over Polaris 20 GPUs.

Navi 10 will be the first Navi part to arrive and will be landing sometime in 2H 2019 or early 2020, depending on a couple of factors. The performance level of this part will be equivalent to Vega and it will be a small GPU based on 7nm.

Navi 14 will follow Navi 10 soon after.

Navi 20 is going to be the true high-end GPU built on the 7nm node and as things stand right now, you are tentatively looking at it landing sometime around 2020 – 2021.

So lean back, take a big gulp and let the GPU rumors flow through you :japanese_ogre:

1 Like

Wasn´t the smaller number Polaris the faster Polaris? This does not make sense…
Navi landing 2020ish fits though.

Videocardz doesn’t allow hotlinking. Might as well just save the image and paste it into the post.

fixed? maybe?

1 Like

I was hoping for Navi next year but who knows if any of this information is correct, especially considering WCCFTech and Videocardz appear to be the source.

Now the clock rate on 7nm LPP is a big trick, you either get 55% power savings from the same frequency as 14nm or you can get 40% faster clock rates from the same power as 14nm. Here’s the thing though, if you were to aim for 40% faster clocks at the same power package, you’d also have to feed power to the extra HBM2 VRAM (4 Stacks vs 2 Stacks), the new DNN instruction sets. The power package under such a scenario would easily exceed 400W.

So still working on the Just about fast enough in some cases, but drinks the power formula.

If Vega and that are the legacy of Raja, he will.fit right in at Intel. Delivering a GPU capable of.meeting their demands of high power and heat to match their i9 and everything else these days.

4 Likes

The latest AMDGPU Linux drivers include XGMI ((inter-chip global memory interconnect) patches and are said to be under queue for introduction in the Linux 4.20~5.0 Kernel which would be part of the Vega 20 enabling stack.

Either this will be one of the Awesome Features Navi™ will have or this are the first signs that AMD works on GPU-GPU Communications for Navi™

1 Like

5 Likes

Very true.
AMD beeing the budget king is the only hope for a bunch of people… (including me).

1 Like

That had to be on purpose. And then they covered ass and tried to make it look legit by including the ~5.0 lol.

1 Like

The roadmap has GPU codenames confirmed till “Navi” and everything beyond that is labeled “Next-Gen”. The only details that are known about this next-gen part till now are that it will utilize the latest 7nm+ process node. Well, thanks to AMD themselves, we might have the first graphics architecture codename for this part which is said to be Arcturus.

Thing is, unless you’re running 4k or an ultra-wide intermediate resolution (at the moment, at least), even high-end Polaris is totally fine (for gaming). 1080p60 is doable with an RX480/570/580 just fine.

VR is dead on arrival, the only stuff currently really pushing for higher than a Polaris based card (or 1060) is 4k or high refresh twitch gaming.

1 Like

AMD ™ Arcturus ™ 7nm+ GPU CONFIRMED! HEARED IT HERE FIRST!

For all the sweet sweet kool aid regarding Arcturus:

2 Likes