AMD Radeon 6900XT Thoughts

So some things I’ve noticed with the Reference model GPU in my gaming rig so far, hopefully I will have more to add to this list but if anybody else has the same GPU, even a non-reference model then please feel free to add things.

1. The design of the auto-boost seems to be rather good, for instance just running some desktop background apps there isn’t much in the way for memory and gpu speed and the voltage is rather tame as well.

This results in a very quiet GPU as the fan speed for the most part is still at zero.

Once I was able to push the junction temps to around 65c then the fans kicked in but only ran at around 600RPM, the Radeon software gives you a pretty good overview of things like this.

I will of course do some more testing while running games and see how this behavior works outs.

1. This GPU is not very oversized but does feel rather heavy, so a nice compact but possibly thicc-boi heatsink :wink:

It’s not even as big as the old GTX 1080 Ti GPU I swapped this out with.

It also appears that the default behavior for the GPU is to undervolt, this is nice from an operations standpoint but I wanna play around with this more to see if I can tweak it for better performance.

3 Likes

the ASUS ROG 5700 OC is bigger than the AMD 6900xt lol

I’m loving it! I’m super excited for Fidelity 2.0 to come out very soon!

*edit here is a video that helps give u some extra performance

Very nice, thanks :wink:

1 Like

eheh, wellll?

So, more or less I was going to say, if you use that guys settings I noticed a HUGE temp drop after applying those settings myself. in default mode the GPU can get into the 60+c IDLE, meanwhile its 33c idle now. Not to mention the performance increases I’ve noticed from the default settings.

This topic was automatically closed 273 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.