AMD Phenom II X4 965 or 955?

Which CPU is better?

AMD Phenom II X4 965 Black Edition Quad Core Processor AM3 3.4GHZ 8MB Cache 125W 45NM Retail Box

or AMD Phenom II X4 955 Black Edition Quad Core Processor 3.2GHZ AM3 8MB Cache 125W Retail Box

They're basically the same. If the price difference is $5 go for the 965, if not go for the 955. They're both decent overclockers.

If you can OC yourself, 955. If not, a 965.

Or if the price difference is low, 965

I'm actually using an OC'ed & Unlocked Phenom II X2 955 BE (its secretly a Phenom II X4 (Some are, some aren't)) but  the 965 is going to be faster. But with an aftermarket heatsink and some overclocking its going to be really hard to tell the difference. They're neck and neck unless you aren't going to overclock. Then its the 965.

I would say 955 and save yourself some money. If you can find a sale on newegg or somewhere where the 965 is cheaper, then go 965. 

I have no intentions to overclock the it, but i accidentally bought a 955 instead of a 965. Should i overclock?

The 955 is a better overclocking part. It's old... but does anyone want a 955 OC tutorial? Maybe Maks can do one soon. 

Aren't they practically the same chip? With the 965 at a higher stock clock, I would expect it to be better at overclocking, and can go higher. So I'm wondering why you find it better. 

If you need the speed. The stock cooler should still handle a 200Mhz to match the 965. Maybe even more

wow im late at reading comments. I would really love a OC video man :)