AMD Phenom II X4 955 BE Listed

[IMG]http://i334.photobucket.com/albums/m415/21dd23/Dragon-1920x1200.jpg[/IMG]

The AMD Phenom II 955 Black Edition AM3 CPU has been listed today on some sites. The CPU is planned to be launched sometime in late April, said by Advanced Micro Devices. This processor features a 3.2Ghz Stock Clock, 125W TDP and 8MB Cache. It will only work on the new AM3 Motherboards and is DDR3 Compatible.

It is listed at $323.74 USD

The link can is www.shopblt.com/cgi-bin/shop/shop.cgi?action=enter&thispage=011003000502_BY87184P.shtml&order_id=

Source: Fudzilla

The CPU is around around $30 more expensive than the Intel Core i7 920, so does that mean it is faster than the i7 920 at stock clock? If yes, then I think it ain't a bad deal. If no then AMD just gave some horrid pricing.

AMD is normally great with prices so I expect great things.

it should

I wrote an article on this a while back, there will (should) be more powerful ones too. :D

http://razetheworld.com/blog/2009/02/02/amd-to-add-to-phenom-ii-am3-line/

I doubt this will beat the i7....but if it does i still think its too expensive. lol

""It will only work on the new AM3 Motherboards and is DDR3 Compatible.""

i thought am3 cpus are backward compatible , but am3 are only compatible with am3 cpu

Can't wait to see how it overclocks i am very excited about this. My new build was supose to stay under 1000.00 but all this new shits coming out its probably gonna be like 1500.00 after im done WTF.

ooooo ima overclock that to 4ghz when i get it hopefully on air

too expensive for an amd cpu

i would like to see some benchmarks though

Atticah wrote 14 hours ago »

i thought am3 cpus are backward compatible , but am3 are only compatible with am3 cpu

No AM2+ CPU's aren't compatible with AM3 Motherboards

But AM3 CPU are compatible with most AM2+ Motherboard

21DD23 wrote 10 hours ago »

Atticah wrote 14 hours ago »

wtf i thought ALL AM3 CPUS are backward compatible , now only some?!?

i hope 955 is backward cuz im still stuck with 9850 that im hoping to put on my 2nd comp, because my dad is pissin me off with "hey MAKE IT FASTER" bullshit he's stuck with 5400 BE

so if anybody knows if the Am3 Phenom II 955 is compatible with

Asus M3A78-T please let me know D:

No AM2+ CPU's aren't compatible with AM3 Motherboards

But AM3 CPU are compatible with most AM2+ Motherboard