AMD Pci-e 3.0?

I've always wondered, does anyone else think its peculiar that AMD is manufacturing PCI-E 3.0 compatible graphics cards but does not support the standard on any of their CPUs/Mobos? Even with the new A10, FX-8350 and FM2 platorm, we're still not seeing PCI-E 3.0. Why?

I dont know exactly, but it might be because they are testing this new technology. It could also be they think they wouldnt really sell more CPU's if they include pci 3.0 

Also, if you look at their price points, its all <$200 CPU/APUs. To see a difference between PCI-E2.0 vs 3.0, you'd have to be the kind of person to drop $400 on a graphics card, and if you are, chances are you're not going to be buying an AMD CPU with it, so for the bulk of the market, its an unneeded addition.

Not to mention that there's really no need for PCI-E 3.0 yet unless someone has created a PCI-E 3.0 SSD that will utilize the extra bandwidth. That would be a ridiculously fast SSD too...

What do the numbers say? I thought there was a quantifiable difference between pci-e 2.0 and 3.0?

there is no actual difference between pcie 2 and pcie3 . nothing actualy uses the full x8 bandwidth, let alone x16. BUT if your going to drop 400 bucks on a gpu, and you dont know much about the technology, what looks better? a big sticker that says pcie-2 or pcie-3?

For single or dual GPUs the whole PCIe 2.0 vs. 3.0 debate on superiority seems useless for current modern GPUs

http://www.hardocp.com/article/2012/07/18/pci_express_20_vs_30_gpu_gaming_performance_review/14

but for quad sli it might make a difference

http://community.futuremark.com/forum/showthread.php?165717-Quad-SLI-680s-with-PCIE-2-0-Vs-PCIE-3-0-comparison-Surprsing-result&p=1687303&viewfull=1

Even if quad SLI wasn't a total waste of money, the fact that it's a reg tweak instead of a  HW change makes me a bit skeptical.

I agree quad SLI is foolish and wasteful. I also take these finding with a grain of salt but it is the only arguement I could find where there would be an advantage to pcie 3.0 at this stage of modern GPUs.

Quad SLI isn't necessarily foolish. For instance, you might be able to power a resolution of 7680x1600. Not to mention you could then probably take that resolution and effectively double it in order to play games in 3D.