AMD Live Stream & News

He's better than most of the other reviewers imo. He just presents the benchmarks. He recommended the 390 over the 970. Yeah he runs Nvidia in his main system, but his content is a lot more unbiased than others.

1 Like

And Techpowerup noted 8GB Vram as negative in 390/390X reviews... Who am I supposed to listen to?
JayzTwoCents also told me that 3,5GB of Vram is not limiting performance, while 4GB is limiting performance?
As for AMD, they want to compete in performance, not just price. I understand that. As long as they give me better products for the money - I don't care. If Nvidia gave me better performance with Gsync monitor for lower price I would not have bought the 270X.
Edit: basically my point is: price to performance is the most important factor for me. And as long as amd give me better price to performance I am fine with them...

The 970 is a 1080p card, 3.5gb shouldn't matter as much at that resolution. Mind you, he also said that 390 was a better card.

At 4k, it would matter more. There is a different set of circumstances.

Please do not defend him. He was the man that live on stream said don't buy amd, because they will bankrupt and your GPUs will have no drivers and no support.
Still I understand the point that you and he makes.
Question about the stream: am I wrong, or it is true that it will be live on AMD's Twitch channel?

1 Like

No seriously ? I am actually unimpressed by the stability of the what little exp. i have had with the intel platforms. Only thing i have to do for long time with amd is just update drivers ? Intel is still some fliddlely little bs even if it is faster. At least to me ?

Possibly
The amd sight says to stay tuned for notifications

Will update op

I have never seen that. If your going to accuse that, find the vod. That sounds like something that would be said in a joking way lmao.

It's legit
And he was sorta serious
Been calling the end of amd for a while

It was one of his Tech talks with barnacules... They had no guest. Next week they invited that guy from Sapphire, he talked some smart things and then I realized what kind of person Jay actually is. He agreed with every good word about amd, and was nice as a lamb...
Atleast he admits being fanboy. Not like some other Linus guys... And PC perspectives...

Reviewers lose perspective when given highend products for free. Price to performance is still King with the rest of world. In my opinion price to performance and ( stability ) is all important. It does you no good if it is the fastest thing on the planet but is buggy as hell and constantly crashes or goes down on you during vital work. It was really fast till it crashed and i had to redo all my work. :)

1 Like

the way i see it, people are just being dumbed down

while guru3d

// the guys from pclab.pl do not even own fury x card - thats the best part.

I have yet to bench and overclock my Fury. Been gaming ?

It would be nice for review/benchmark sites to STOP lying in their results, we get enough of that with NVIDIA smudging their benchmarks for the hype. They really don't try that hard to ensure everyone knows that their claims to 2-3x performance is JUST for VR and NOTHING else, it would be easier if they said at the start, hey our card is on average 22% faster then the 980Ti....

Hope AMD doesn't do this smudging results thing also, something tells me their going to talk about performance per watt and not actually performance in 3d.

1 Like

yea, i can clock stable up to 1150MHz (haven't been clocking memory tho, it makes little sense) +25% power limit.

VRM cooling holds fury x from going further beyond. (the whole case of the card is heating up a lot.)
New witcher 3 patch actually fully utilizes my fury x (and gives me ability to play 1440p with my graphics mods at 60+FPS)
Previously before latest patch couldn't get 10-15FPS at 1440p. This is due to how they manage textures now, you load it once into memory and share across all objects that use same texture. So it gave me like 500-600% improvement at 1440p.

On heaven engine, somehow its not that impressive vs my overclocked 290x in past - though it feels much smoother. I get around ~3.6k score which isn't impressive. Overall fury x sometimes gives me feeling the fps counter is wrong vs what i had with my 290x's and 780ti experience. (btw. got 780ti for 70$ at work from a guy at work - he wanted to buy 1080, initially wanted to sell it for 400$ then i showed him it is outperformed by 290x and sold it to me for 70$ in the end - he stated he might go polaris in the end lul). asus 780ti outpreforms my furyx in heaven bench, but when i play it besides each other i can see clear difference and smoothness on furyx vs overclocked 780ti. (and not only i have noticed, my friend from work also did) so yeah i think furyx might be getting more fps than what fraps or msi afterburner shows.

(vrm gets really hot, it can even reach 90'C --> thats when driver starts to crash.)
- with new witcher patch i'm getting 52'C on core (which is far more than i have ever seen on my furyx) so i was already thinking in opening the card up and mounting some vrm cooling on it. - as driver crashed on my twice already.

all I have to say for now

6 Likes

The Heaven benchmarks threw me crazy numbers when i first got my Fury that really didnt translate well against my gaming exp. So many changes in the works, i decided to stop and let the api's catch up plus maybe a different solid benchmarking tool for dx 12 ?

not really, maybe ashes of singularity - there it kinda destroys everything. so its kinda pointless.

I said seems :/?

2 Likes

i'd say reviewers are not trustworthy anymore. Private people should test the game and post their findings and ss with fps counters...