AMD is missing a big opportunity

http://www.tomshardware.com/reviews/amd-a10-7800-kaveri-apu-efficiency,3899-5.html
Not the best but eh, to hot to sit around computer to much.

Not sure if any benchmarks are even out yet. Phronix is extremely buas. Hey APU owners, could your feet wet and test this?:

Please post back with performance comparisons if you decide to.

So, Carrizo is out. And so far it is only for Laptops. It is a 15-35W TDP part that has a GPU that lights a fire under Intel's ass. The Zen architecture is supposed to be returning to the SMT land instead of remaining in CMT land. The main issue with AMD's single threaded perf lies with the CMT architecture. Bulldozer was build around CMT. They bet on CMT and lost. Although CMT makes for excellent Visualization and rendering and cryptographic workloads.
Everyone has been saying they need to drop the Bulldozer arch and make something different. I don't think you understand the situation. All the foundries for AMD are tooled for a specific process. That of making the bulldozer architecture. The cost of scrapping that and retooling the foundry for the new architecture would be insane. They can wait to do it for Zen because it was most likely the end of the Bulldozer lineup in contract with the foundry. Intel can afford to make those kinds of changes since they own their own foundry. AMD doesnt and therefor had to bite the bullet and finish what they had begun before they could change.

AMD should sign some big deals with Twitch streamers. Intel already has done that with a few I watch, plus a bunch of hardware companies do the same.

Right now, I think that they are too focused on the hardware side of things and getting their stuff to where it needs to be with HBM and Zen to really be paying much attention to actually getting peopel to want their stuff. It seems like they are assuming that people will buy their products if they are good enough, and we all know that that simply isn't the case. Marketing works. Just ask Apple.

the biggest flop for amd is not getting any companies to sell 35watt keveri laptops last fall. at the very least an an AMD FX-7600P would easily outsell a laptops with a i5-4200m.

that said another area where amd could have made a mint is by designing their laptops to be more like desktops with actually upgradeable parts. instead of going the SOC route like every other company.