AMD FX 9370 vs. Intel i5 4670K

like i said because you probably want to sli in the future, you need to buy a Z87 or Z97 chipset board, you dont overclock, so you dont need all the bells and whissles that an expensive Z97 overclock board have to offer cause you dont overclock.

So yeah the Msi Z97 Gaming 5 is totaly fine. the Gaming 7 is basicly to expensive, for your needs. cause you dont overclock.

Ok what Z97 Motherboard would you recommend then?

i guess your prefer black / red?

Well a black/silver colour scheme would look cool with the EVGA GTX 770.

Anyone else have any suggestions?

i5-4670k if overclocking(soon to be 4690k)

If not, Xeon 1230v3

Asus Z97-A could be a nice board for you :)

Well you can get cheap h97 with the xeon , like the asus h97 plus .

Or any other h97 really , h97 is cheap.

he could yes.. but then he will not have sli options in the future, Sli is Z series only.

True ( I didn't know that :o ),

He could get an r9 280x or 290, also.

And I don't know if it's worth the sli options for an extra 40 - 50€ , my previous build was based around getting a second 670 , but by the time that I had the money , everything else was getting old , so I sold it.

As you say , I would recommend a Z97 board then .Just think about if your budjet is really limited or not.

Ok yeah I'll go with the Xeon then.

Ok , 1230 V3 or 1231 , they are essentially i7's without the iGPU , get witchever is cheapest . If you want xfire and m.2 get the asus h97 plus , if you want sli then get a z97 board ( one of the above ).

Or I could go with this: http://ca.pcpartpicker.com/p/H9BFK8. This is the build I'm debating on which CPU to get. I'm trying to keep it under $1650. And I don't like overclocking. This is in Canadian Dollars as I'm Canadian.

Unless you are certain you are gonna use application that can utilize quicksync (The IGP), I would rather go with the xeon e3-1230 v3 (basically an 4770 without the IGP).

Instead of an Z97 board (which would only make sense if you are going to SLI), you could get an cheaper H97 board instead.

Cheaper memory, same performance.

R9 290 instead of an GTX 770 is worth it.

Great PSU from Antec, high quality.

http://ca.pcpartpicker.com/p/YDFCFT

This build is better all around (and for cheaper too!).

Why the Caviar Black? You can get a Caviar Blue for like $20 less and it still has a 3 year warranty and is really fast. Alternatively you could get a Seagate Barracuda which are the fastest 7200RPM drives, if my memory serves.

Also for the same price as that PSU you can get an Antec High Current Pro 750W 80+ Gold or EVGA SuperNova 650W 80+ Gold.

@OP

Out of curiosity, why are you opposed to overclocking? Clearly it's not a power consumption thing since you had no problem with the FX-9370, which is literally an overclocked FX-8350. There's really nothing you can do wrong except allowing a ridiculous amount of voltage. Just curious because you would be better with a slightly overclocked i5-4670K than with the Xeon 1230 V3. Hell, a lot of the Z87 boards (and a lot of 990FX boards too if I'm not mistaken) have one button overclocking, where you can literally just press a button and it'll automatically overclock it.