AMD For sale?

There are multiple news articles going around the web right now saying that AMD's top people are dropping out and Tom Seifert playing temporary CEO. The threat of being bought it is at large and have become a subject of interest by Dell?!?!?

please tell me AMD will not be bought out by dell.

some of the articles i found

http://www.fool.com/investing/general/2011/02/15/is-amd-for-sale.aspx

http://www.theregister.co.uk/2011/02/16/dell_amd_acquisition_chatter/

http://live.covestor.com/2011/02/dell-buying-amd-the-company-with-no-management-team-dell-amd

Some say that only partial stock is going to be bought out by dell, some say that AMD just doesn't have a proper management team right now but will recover shortly.

[b]EDIT[/b]: is any of the info i provide you is false you can give me shit lol i apologize its just some stuff i have been hearing around some sites

i'm not reliable for the sources reliability.

wow, if this is real... then that sucks.... if dell buys out amd, im definitely going intel / nvidea next build

NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO! NOT DELL! THEY DON'T EVEN LIKE AMD!

ztrain said:

wow, if this is real... then that sucks.... if dell buys out amd, im definitely going intel / nvidea next build

amen

What if nvidia bought them this could be insane!

As much as i like amd/ati and dont like nvidia nvidia has some great stuff and imagine the power of ati+nvidia... This could be interesting. But i doubt that would ever happen. :P

I am not looking forward to this

Ferman said:

As much as i like amd/ati and dont like nvidia nvidia has some great stuff and imagine the power of ati+nvidia... This could be interesting. But i doubt that would ever happen. :P

I'd rather have Nvidia buy out AMD over dell. I ******* hate dell.

DELL????

I highly doubt that but I could be wrong. Dell hasn't used an AMD CPU in one of their systems in eons.

skullabyss said:

I'd rather have Nvidia buy out AMD over dell. I ******* hate dell.

Extremely true. I think Nvidia would be the only company that would possibly be good for amd. Their isnt any company that could do them a justice.

Nvidia has been wanting an X86 license for quite some time... I wouldn't be surprised if they try and buy AMD.

I don't think Nvidia could afford AMD.

PathogenX said:

Nvidia has been wanting an X86 license for quite some time... I wouldn't be surprised if they try and buy AMD.

Exactly why im thinking that they would be the only people that would benefit from it and they are the only ones i would trust with the company.

PantyHandler said:

I don't think Nvidia could afford AMD.

Im sure they could pull something. ;)

Ferman said:

if that happened nvidia would only be competing with intel in the gpu market...

spitesuicide said:

if that happened nvidia would only be competing with intel in the gpu market...

Leaving no contest in the high end market, creating a monopoly. Noone wants that.

Ferman said:

No! That's a terrible idea!

A) Pretty sure that would break the law by creating a monopoly on the GPU market.

B) They could charge whatever they wanted. Would you want to buy a 6850 for $500?

Ferman said:

We have laws that stop companies from creating bad monopolies.

Which is why Nvidia wouldn't be able to buy AMD in the first place.