AMD CPU Buying Direct

So why can’t AMD offer a Back Order option for out of stock items like the 5950x CPU or any of the models for that matter ?

They should also offer this for all the GPU’s as well.

I’m thinking this shortage issue will not really settle until around the middle of 2021, perhaps later :frowning:

That might irritate their distributors and partners if they were to start selling everything directly. AMD has to play nice or risk upsetting the ecosystem that gives them a lot more reach than they would hope to have on their own, especially in the GPU market.

As for the stock issues, I would not be in the least bit surprised if the shortages extend into Q3 2021. We will see.

1 Like

Expect to get the hot items just before they become obsolete with the next generation only a few months from launch.

You notice how AMD (seems to be) paying youtubers to hype the 3000 series CPU again? Obsolete parts but plenty of inventory gathering dust in warehouses.

Yeah I get the keeping the retailers happy but I don’t live any where near a Microcenter.

Well I guess I will check out Newegg and see if anything can be back ordered there, but I doubt it.

Newegg trickles out inventory very, very slowly, usually one or two chips drop per hour. If you rent a bot, or have nothing better to do than hammer f5 (refresh) all day long, you can grab one. You’ll need to complete your check-out within seconds, so have your account logged in and payment details saved.

Otherwise, wait until late 2021 after the fanfare dies down, and AMD has moved onto hyping Zen 3.5 / Zen 4.

SO, in essence I should wait Forever :stuck_out_tongue:

Tech always gets better if you wait. :smirk:

1 Like

Indeed, just wanted to put that out there.

Personally I can wait as I don’t really NEED a new new CPU + GPU but I just want them really bad :wink:

I am not happy because I was told to wait for the 5x and now it’s a cluster bomb of madness! Tempted to just get a 3800X and be done with it :laughing:

Lots of folks are waiting, AMD knows this. They’re laughing all the way to the bank!

Once the hype moves into the next generation scalpers will lose interest in the current products and you’ll be able to order what you need.

1 Like

When is next gen ;;?

Zen 4 is getting “announced” in 2021 I believe, I don’t think they said exactly when. That’s bringing pcie 5 and ddr 5? Big platform shift as I recall.

This topic was automatically closed 273 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.